Reassurance and Suspicions

(Now Esmeralda's gettin a little suspicious, enjoy, sorry it's a little short!)   

"I'm telling you Healia, he's up to something! I don't know what but nobody spends that much time sitting out under the sky for fresh air." Healia sighed, ever since she'd gotten up Esmeralda had been going on about how Nikolas was up to something. Of course she didn't believe it one bit but it managed to get her a little interested.

"Esy when did you see him exactly?" She inquired, cleaning both her own clothes and that of her father. Esmeralda was old enough to do her own washing.

"Last night, around midnight." Healia shook her head.

"Maybe you were just imagining him there, I've told you not to stay up so late, it leaves you weary for the rest of the day and nobody gives coins to a yawning gypsy." Esmeralda threw her hands into the air, giving a frustrated sigh.

"Why won't you believe me?" Healia didn't look up at her sister, focusing on her laundry chore.

"Because I trust him." This made Esmeralda bristle.

"So you trust this stranger more than your own sister?" Healia paused, looking up at Esmeralda with a cold gaze.

"How dare you say that, no, I don't trust him more than you. I grew up with you Esmeralda; we've spent almost all our lives together. Do not ever doubt my trust in you. All I'm saying is that I feel we shouldn't jump to conclusions about him. We don't know very much about him but we should do our best to welcome him. Besides, weren't you the one putting us together as a couple when he first came here? What happen to that sort of attitude?" Healia inquired. Esmeralda shook her head, rubbing her arms.

"I don't have a good feeling about him Healia; don't let him take things too far for you two okay? Please." Healia sighed and held her sister close.

"Fine, but I'm telling you, he's probably just exploring Paris. He's a man and can do as he pleases." Esmeralda felt faintly reassured and her doubt about Nikolas faded.

                                                                         Though not entirely.