Chpt. 14

7 years later...

Michael's P.O.V

Its been seven years and well.. I g ot pregnant again! Thanks to Ashton who can't keep his pants on sometimes..

I was 6 months pregnant.. We wanted to keep our baby's gender a suprise.. Matty was excited to be a big brother.

~~~~~

I saw Matt playing by himself with his toys. I rubbed my stomach and smiled slightly.

I remembered what Matt and I went through.. I worried so much about him that time we both got hurt..

MJ had hazel green eyes with blonde hair. He had Ashton's exact smile and laugh..

Though.. Its been a long time since, I heard him laugh or talk.. I began to worry..

"Matt, are you okay?" I asked him.

He opened his mouth and no words came out.. just complete silence.. MJ's eyes widen, he held his throat as tears filled his eyes..

I took my phone out quickly and called Ashton. Matthew began to silently cry, "its okay, baby." I said to him softly.

"Hey, Mikey. What happened?" Ashton asked.
"Its MJ.. H-He can't talk! Something is wrong!" I answered.
"What?! I'll be there soon." He said and hung up.

Ashton's P.O.V

I hung up and looked for the car keys. "What happened,Ash?" Luke asked.

"Its Matt." I answered.
"What about the song?" He asked.
"We can do that later!" I said and rushed out of the studio.

~~~~~

I nade it home and I rushed upstairs to Mj's room.

"Matt, its daddy" Michael said.
"Hey, buddy." I said softly as I walked over to him.

He tried to speak and no words came out.. just silence..

"We got to go to hospital.. something isn't right.." I said.

Michael nods and holds his stomach. Matt got up and grabbed his stuffed kangaroo that he got for his birthday last year.

We walked downstairs, out of the house and out to the car. I opened the door, Mj got in the back of the car. I buckled him in and he held his kangaroo close to him.

I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead. "Its okay, buddy.." I said softly and closed the door.

~~~~~

We made it to the hospital and rushed into the hospital.

"How can I help you, sir?" The receptionist asked.
"Its my son.. something is wrong.." I answered.
"Oh dear.." She said and called a nurse over.

A nurse rushed over to us and kneeled down in front of Mj. "Hey, sweetie. Can you tell me whats wrong?" She asked softly.

Matt opened his mouth to speak and nothing.. no words came out..

"Oh dear.. How long has he been like this?" She asked.
"I don't know maybe two days.. we didn't know until today.." I answered.
"Okay.. C'mon lets go see whats wrong.." She said and took us to a room.

~~~

The doctor arrived and checked him. "How old is MJ?" She asked.

"Seven.." Michael answered.
"Is MJ his name or is that his initials?" She asked.
"MJ stands for Matthew James." I said.

She sighed and had a grim look on his face. "You're son is temporarily mute.." She said sadly.

"T-Temporarily? H-How long until his voice is back?" Michael asks.
"It may take a months or years.." She answered.

I hugged Michael close as he cried softly into my shoulder. Matt looked at the floor as tears gently stream down his cheeks.

"I-Its okay, b-baby.. C-Come here.." Michael says and hugs him gently.

Michael's P.O.V

I held him close and ran my fingers through his hair. "Poor baby... I-I am sorry... I-I promised to protect you.." I said.

We walked out of the room and left the hospital. Mj held his kangaroo tightly.

We got in the car.. on the way home, Mj looked out his window and played with his kangaroo for a while.

~~~~

We walked in the house. Matt went upstairs to play with his toys in his room.

Luke and Calum walked in the house. "Hey what happened?" Luke asked.

"Mj is temporarily mute.." Ashton answered.
"Poor kid.." Luke said sadly.

Calum walked upstairs to his room to check on him.

"I got tell you guys something..." I said.
"What is it?" Ashton asked.
"Matty and I got hurt badly and robbed when I was eight months.. I went to get something to eat and these guys.. they hurt us and took all my money... maybe when they hurt us.. something must've caused it.." I said as tears filled my eyes.

Ashton and Luke looked at me shocked. "Mikey, maybe it just happened for no reason.. its okay.." He said softly and hugged me.

Poor MJ.. He is mute.. the poor thing..

Anyways, as always! Until next chapter!! So long!!!