Chapter 4: Christmas Vacation

§Word§ = Parseltongue (Alt+0167)

"Word" = Speech

"Bold" = Foreign language

'Thought' = Thoughts

[Date] = Date and Day

-x-x-x-

[December Twenty-Third 1991: Monday]

The group of children and parents arrived in the greeting hall of Delacour Manor by Portkey. The magically experienced landed with grace that showcased their skills. Unfortunately, the children, excluding Harry, along with Hermione's parents, landed in a heap of tangled limbs on the ground.

Harry had to laugh as his four let out groans as they tried to get their bearings.

"Harry, do not laugh at them," his mother scolded him, "Everyone is like that in the beginning, you know that."

"Yes I do, but that doesn't mean I can't laugh," Harry replied cheekily. His mother just sighed and rolled her eyes at his behavior.

"We hate you," the four girls glared at him as they knew he was laughing at them.

"I love you too," Harry smiled brightly, not affected by their death glares.

Everyone laughed at the exchange, even the elder Grangers who had just stood up from their meeting with the floor.

"Harry!" a voice shouted out. Harry turned towards the voice only to be tackled to the ground in a hug. He felt a familiar body on top of him and knew it was Fleur.

"I missed you too Fleur," Harry said amused. He whispered the next part, "But can you get off me? Your body is making certain areas grow."

Fleur shot up off of him blushing as she remembered that they had guests. Harry chuckled as he stood up and wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Why don't we go to the sitting room to discuss rooms and other things," Jean Delacour suggested. They followed Jean down a hallway and into a nicely decorated room.

Everyone sat down with Harry and Fleur sitting rather close, not that anyone noticed. Jean reached into his jacket pocket before anyone could say anything and tossed Harry something shiny.

Harry caught the item with ease and looked down to see a pair of keys in his hand. His eyes opened wide as he knew exactly where these keys went.

"Happy early Christmas Harry," Jean said with a smirk.

"Thanks dad," Harry said happily.

"What are the keys for?" Hermione asked curiously.

"They're to the second guest house," Harry told her. "It's basically a six bedroom house on the other side of the property."

"Yes, I know I told you that you couldn't move in there until after your first year but I thought it was the perfect place for you, Fleur, and your friends to stay during break," Jean explained while looking over to the other parents. Daphne's mum nodded her head straight away while the elder Grangers nodded hesitantly.

"Good, good. The bags will be sent to the guest house and you children can sort rooms out for yourselves," Jean stated. "Why don't you guys go get situated while we talk."

Harry nodded in agreement, "Come on girls." The five girls followed Harry out of the room and to a fireplace.

"The guest house is too far away to walk to so we have to Floo," Harry explained. He turned to see the girls calm while Hermione looked nervous. "Don't worry Hermione; just do like everyone else does."