Chapter 13:Runes and First Task

§Word§ = Parseltongue (Alt+0167)

"Word" = Speech

"Bold" = Foreign language

'Thought' = Thoughts

[Date] = Date and Day

-x-x-x-

[November Sixth 1994: Friday]

Harry took a deep breath, anything going wrong now could have unforeseen consequences. He slowly drew on his power and fed it into the runes that were carved into the rat's bones. With a flash, the bone fused together and Harry saw the runes and couldn't help but let out a triumphant shout.

He had finally done it, he had recreated a runic array sealed and by his own power. The lucky wizard quietly called for one of his house elves, one that was skilled in healing magic.

"You know what to do," Harry told the house elf quietly. The little being nodded its head at his master and handed him a potion.

Harry chugged the potion and felt his right arm go numb. "Alright, get to work."

The house elf slowly and carefully drew its tiny little finger on Harry's upper arm. It took over two hours for the house elf to finish its work.

"I's done, Master," the house elf spoke quietly. Harry nodded and drew on his power. With a flash the runes that were etched into his bones sealed and activated. The young wizard arched his back as he felt new sensations rush through his body.

The lucky wizard glanced down at his arm and saw that unlike his lower arm, his upper arm was marked with what looked like runic tattoos.

"Thank you," Harry told the house elf. He traveled to one of the exercise rooms to test the new runes.

Harry walked over to the weights and lifted one up and found that it was light as a piece of paper. He turned the object over to see the weight and his face twisted into a deep smirk when he saw the number one hundred written on it.

'Harry? Where are you?' Fleur's voice sounded in his head.

'In the exercise room. Why?' Harry asked back.

'You're an hour late for training,' Fleur said back.

Harry tunneled to Fleur's presence and saw that she and the other girls had already warmed up without him there. Fleur went to hug him and he quickly stepped out of her reach.

"Don't touch me," Harry said quickly. Fleur adopted a very real hurt look so he hastily explained, "I don't want to hurt you."

Fleur's hurt look changed to one of confusion, "Why would you hurt me?"

A gasp took her attention she turned to Hermione who was pointing at Harry. Fleur followed Hermione's finger and was shocked to see a tattoo on Harry's upper arm.

"What is that?" Fleur asked incredulously while pointing at his arm.

Harry glanced down, looking at his arm. "A runic array."

Fleur slowly walked up, she saw him about to back step, "Stay." She traced her finger over the runes and shivered as she could actually feel the power coursing through them. From a distance they looked like two black lines wrapped around his bicep. However, up close she could just barely make out that runes made up the lines.

"I thought you were going do to do them on bone?" Fleur asked as she traced the runes.

"I did," Harry told her. "I think the runic tattoo was just a side effect from how much power went through the runes."