2 - Coffee

Pete's POV

Patrick went to nap after he recovered from his asthma attack. I was told to keep an eye on him in case he slipped back. I just wanted him to try to help himself. Just losing a few pounds even would help him. I was thinking back to so many of our old conversations from when we only talked through the internet. He would tell me about his day, about the Phys Ed he'd failed at, about stuff he learned. He was such a geek. I smile a little at the thought and look from my phone over to the couch Patrick was sleeping on. Andy and Joe had been informed of what had happened and they we're busy sound checking. I could hear them. Patrick had said he would in a while, when he had the energy to. He rarely had energy. He lived off coffee and energy drink which was half his problem, his sugar intake. He was pre-diabetic again and very very close to tipping over. I was really surprised he hadn't had a heart attack. I didn't want him to. I just wanted him to help himself a bit more and stop eating so much and doing so little. 

Joe's POV

Pete and Patrick where in the dressing room. Pete had been told to keep a watch on Patrick while he slept like some kinda stalker or something. I wasn't surprised to be honest that Patrick had an asthma attack. He was extremely over-weight and worried about the show tonight. He piled a lot of stress onto himself that he didn't need to. He was always great no matter what. He was just a great performer. 

Pete's POV

Patrick woke up about an hour after he fell asleep. He moved slowly, pushing himself up the best he could. 
"How you feeling?" I ask him.
"Dead. Tired." He tells me. 
"You have just woken up" I say. He gets up, pulling himself up on the door frame, going over to the coffee machine, which was on the counter next to me. I put my hand over the switch.
"Ah, no" 
"Pete"
"Patrick"
"I'm tired Pete, move"
"Give your brain time to wake up properly, sit down" He flops on the sofa next to me and it sinks quickly under his heavy weight.
"Jesus Patrick" I mumble. He sighs. 
"Do you want me to just go?" he says, I put my arm over his stomach.
"No, don't go anywhere. I was just shocked at how much the sofa sank, that's all"
"It's cause I'm fat Pete" he says bluntly. 
"They let me help you sort that. Come and work out with me and Andy later" He groans.
"For God's sake Patrick! You've gotta do some kinda exercise Jesus! Your asthma's getting worse-"
" I know!"
"Then freaking do something about it!" I get up and leave the dressing room. I head for the work out equipment to work off some of my annoyance that Patrick had caused me. I loved the guy but it just would not register in his head that he was killing himself. 

Patrick's POV

After Pete left, I made a pot noodle. Then a second. Then a third. Then Joe came in and saw the empty pots next to me. I was curled up on the sofa, lying on my side watching tv. He got himself a beer out of the fridge and sat next to me.
"How many?" He asks. I hold up three fingers. "Where the hell's Pete?" He asks.
"I dunno" I try to ignore Joe and concentrate on the program. 
"He cares about you, you know? We all do. We're worried about you" 
"Yeah, yeah"
"Patrick," He turns off the tv and I lie on my back and look up to him. "You need to lose weight. Like just a few pounds. Please. Pete's going insane and it would do you and him a lot of good and he might get off your back a little"
"Okay, I'll try" I tell him but that would be easier said than done.