12 - The little blond hobbit

Pete's POV

After I first kissed Patrick, it didn't take long for him to take over, pushing his lips into mine. We get into the car after about ten minutes of this. I didn't have the guts to ask him out. After that, after what he did, after he took over, it was most obvious that he liked me. Or maybe he felt sorry for me. I don't know. I wasn't looking forward to him seeing the wreck I had previously lived in. I had left empty cigarette packets and bottle and cans of beer all over the floor. The place would reek, my records were scattered on the floor and Infinity On High was on the record player. I was such a slob. Patrick was such a tidy fellow, there was no mess anywhere in his house. He was like a little hobbit from Lord Of The Rings. A little blond hobbit. Who was insanely hot.

We pull up outside the house and Patrick's face drops.

"Is this it?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah..." We get out of the car and go up the path, the door was unlocked, obviously. I went down the hallway that looked like a war zone and into the open lounge. Everything was how I'd left it. I don't know how I wasn't robbed of all the vinyls and the player. Patrick stands in the doorway, his hand clasped to his mouth, teary eyes.

"Why didn't you call me?" He asks, his voice shaking. I go over to him and he throws his arms around me. "You're not living here anymore. Get your stuff."

I go back to the lounge after packing all my clothes in the case that I used to take on tours. It was covered in scratches and various stickers and leaflets and plane tickets I'd stuck to it over the years. Patrick was sitting on the floor looking through my records.

"I forgot you had most of these" He tells me as I sit down next to him. He pulls up the American Idiot one and smiles. We used to listen to that a lot in our younger years. His arm drops into his lap and he covers his eyes with his other hand. I hear him sobbing. He remembered. He lies his head in my lap, clutching the record and I stroke his hair. Then I realized why he was such a mess over that one record. I had lost my original one when we were on tour across America and the night before our final ever show as Fall Out Boy, Patrick had bought me one to replace it. That's why I hadn't listened to it in all these years. Because that album deep down, reminded me of my chubby best friend.

"You... you kept it" He says.

"Obviously."

"Even after all we went through, you kept it" We must have sat there for a while, cuddling on the rough, faded crimson carpet. He hands the record to me.

"Can we put it on?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure" I say, taking it off him and placing it on the turn table. I hand him Infinity On High and he looks at it.

"You still have this too?" Patrick looks up at me.

"I don't get rid of records" I laugh and he chuckles, replacing it in the cover. I drop the needle carefully onto the record and set it spinning. We move onto the sofa, Patrick laying on me. He was so much lighter. We hugged through American Idiot until Patrick started kissing me, pushing my head into the arm of the sofa. It hurt but I didn't care, I had waited nearly ten years for this moment. I run my hands through Patrick blond hair, pulling it slightly, he moans when I do. Our lips part for a few moments.

"I love you Pete Wentz" He whispers, breathlessly, touching his nose with mine.

"I love you Patrick Stump" He smiles and pushing his lips gently into mine once again.