Chapter 11

Levy woke up her hand searching for... Something? Who was it though? Who was she searching for? She was in great pain, her chest ached, her heart hammering in her chest. "L-Levy?" Someone said beside her. Levy glanced over and there sat a blonde girl. Her hair was pulled up into twin ponytails and she was wearing a blue v-neck. She had some tears in her eyes and she was giving her a small smile. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Lu," Levy said realizing who it was. "I'm sorry everything is hazy." She lifted her broken arm a bit. It's cast was heavy so she put it back down.

"I understand. I felt the same after my car accident a year ago." She gave her a slight smile. "I almost didn't recognize Natsu." She laughed lightly.

Natsu's name reminded Levy of everything that happened. She sat up quickly, "Where's Gajeel?!" Her head turned quickly to the empty bed on the other side of her room. "Where is Sara?! Did he...?" Levy trailed off as her heart starting beating faster in fear. She placed her good hand on it and felt it beating. She felt the stitches under her bandages.

Levy looked at Lucy who had fresh tears in her eyes. "Levy, he's..." She broke into sobs and Levy's eyes were blurred with tears almost instantly. She looked around suddenly feeling lost. He couldn't be. He promised everything to her. When they got a bit older he promised he'd marry her, he promised he would have children with her, even though he wasn't a fan of the idea. How could he just go off and die like that?

"H-how?" Levy asked as tears fell from her eyes. "I remember him picking me up, and running with me. I-I could feel the blood from his wound but it didn't seem that..." She looked down as tears fell from her eyes. She curled up in the hospital bed, even though it hurt her to do so.

"Levy," Lucy said wiping away tears, "he gave up his life so you could continue living yours. You needed a heart transplant and it wasn't going to get here in time so he..." She trailed off as Levy cried clutching her hand to her chest.

"This is yours." She whispered. It ached more than she thought it would. She was alone, but not at the same time. He was there, but wasn't. She would never feel his touch again. She would never kiss his warm lips again. She would never hear his voice, the one she'd become so attached to, again. He was gone. But somehow, his spirit lived in her. She could still feel his love as her, no his, heart beat in her chest.

The tears kept falling until Levy passed out from the mental exhaustion and the headache from all the crying.

When Levy woke again she was alone. Her head was killing her and fresh tears were filling her eyes. She sat up and was about to ring for a nurse when the door to her room opened. She was thrown off. She nearly fell off her bed as she jumped to her feet to meet him. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Whoa, whoa," it was his tough voice was a bit raspy. He wrapped his strong arms around her and Levy ignored the pain on her right arm and chest as she hugged him tighter. "What's wrong with ya, shrimp?"

"Lucy-Lucy told me you gave me your heart." She cried hugging him tighter. She heard a gentle chuckle.

"Levy," he sounded far away. "I did." She looked up and blinked. "I hate saying this, but you're not exactly awake. Yer dreaming in a sense."

"No." She shook her head. "I can still feel pain and,-" he placed his hand over her mouth and turned her around slowly. She looked forward and saw her body laying there. The machine beside her still beeped in rhythm to her heart. "But Gajeel.."

"Yer astral projecting." He said looking up, "Which means you can visit me freely, assuming you can get into the state to be able to." He sighed, "I love ya shrimp. Just remember that I will always love ya." He disappeared and Levy fell into darkness.

Three Years Later...

Levy rolled over and groaned when the sunlight hit her eyes. She rolled back over pulling the blanket over herself. She felt warm, but she didn't remember what she dreamed about. It was like that a lot now, ever since she lost Gajeel. Levy felt loved... But she wasn't understanding why she still felt his presence. He was dead.

Levy sighed and sat up. She swung her legs over the side of her bed and stood. She stretched and yawned as she walked to the bathroom. The bedroom door across from the bathroom opened and Lucy smiled at her. Her hair tangled. "Hey girl." She said.

"Morning." Levy mumbled opening the bathroom door. "Who's making breakfast this morning?" She said just before closing the door.

"I think Lily."

Levy smiled, when Gajeel passed, Pantherlily, his exceed, moved in with her. He was good company and great comfort when she was still mourning over Gajeel everyday. She still cried about him sometimes but he always had a sense of when she was. He would always knock on her door and comfort her. He usually fell asleep in her arms as she hugged him while she slept.

Levy finished up in the bathroom and walked out to the kitchen where the small exceed was up on a stool cooking eggs. He smiled at Levy who smiled back. "Morning Lily." Levy said grabbing a bottle of water. She chugged it and threw the bottle in the recycle.

"Morning Levy." Lily said putting the eggs on a plate and handing it to Levy.

"Thanks." She said taking it. She sat on the sofa and propped her feet on the table as she ate.

Gajeel smiled as he watched Levy living her life to the fullest. He figured she would've been able to move on, unlike him. He never did pass on to the next life, he was waiting to cross over with Levy. She visited him almost every night but never remembered it. He didn't mind it because her spiritual being remembered, that was all that mattered.

"Sadly," he said to himself, "Someday I'll have to watch her die."

He sighed and seated himself beside Levy. He wrapped his arm around Levy who suddenly smiled. She could feel him, he was almost positive. He smirked and looked at his exceed, who could see him. He winked at him.