Chapter 10: Flashbacks and Confessions

Hey guys, this is the next chapter. This chapter is all a flashback of Serenity's childhood. All of this is being said to Niall though. Ok I hope you like it, even though it is sad. And I'm also so sorry that it's almost been a month, I guess I'm just losing confidence to keep the story going. But anyways, I hope you enjoy it. And also, a young version of Serenity is on the side.

WARNING: this chapter might be the most triggering of all of them. Has self harm, abuse, purging, and mention of rape.

Just sayin

-Janina

Flashback:

Age 6:

"Mommy!!" Serenity runs into her moms arms as she comes home from work

"Hey baby!" Her mom holds her child with only love and affection.

"Honey! Your home, dinner's almost ready" Serenity's father calls from the kitchen.

"Alright baby go wash up" Serenity skips to the bathroom to wash her small hands

Age 8:

Serenity sat on her bed with the lights off late that night. She couldn't sleep with the sounds of her parents fighting.

" WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO OUR FAMILY?!" Her father yelled

"I DON'T KNOW! I MADE A MISTAKE" her mother screamed back "WE BARELY EVEN TALK TO EACH OTHER ANYMORE! I WAS LONELY! AND YOU'RE ALWAYS BUSY!"

"I LOVE THIS FAMILY! YOU HAD TO GO AND RUIN IT! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE ANYMORE" Her father was enraged.

Serenity heard the loud sobbing of her mother. Serenity was already crying, although she was only 8, she knew what was going on. She had friends who had separate parents who talked about how their mom and dad fought before the split. Serenity loved her parents, this was the last thing she wanted.

Age 9:

Over the past year both of Serenity's parents lost themselves. They both fell into depression, dragging Serenity down into it as well. Her parents never ended up divorcing, but they continued to cheat on each other. Her parents were never home, they spent the nights drinking and hooking up, and the days waking up late at someones house then going back to wherever they stay. You would think they would at least bother to come back to their mansion. But no, they left Serenity to raise herself. All alone.

Serenity was barely living. She hung her head low, never attracting any attention. It was the last thing she wanted. She began to believe that her parents left because she wasn't good enough. Her life was becoming a downward spiral.

Age 10:

About once a month Serenity's father would come home and yell at Serenity. He would tell her how much of a waste she was, and how it was her fault that this family is a mess. Eventually Serenity began to believe every word her father said. Serenity's father also began to harass her, which turned into physical abuse.

Age 13:

Serenity's parents came around less and less, but each time they did, the abuse was worse. Serenity was barely eating, she found some very bad coping strategies. She began starving and purging, cutting and burning. Serenity was a mess. But there was one thing that kept her going, music. She taught herself how to play a variety of instruments to distract her. She taught herself the piano, guitar and the violin. Although she was best at guitar and she almost always carried hers around. She has the same one to this day.

But this age was hard for Serenity. She didn't have many friends. She was awkward, scrawny and she hadn't really hit puberty yet. She was flat chested while every girl around her wasn't. She was teased often. Teasing wasn't too bad at first. Serenity would brush it off and keep going. But it only got worse, especially when teasing became harassing and rumours started. Someone spread a rumour that the reason Serenity was flat was because she was a boy. Sure it didn't seem bad, but when your entire grade takes it too far... It hurts. Rumour after rumour was spread. That she wasn't a virgin, that she slept around, and that she had stds. Serenity lost all the few friends she had and began getting severely bullied. She got pushed around, slapped, binders were thrown in the garbage, papers were ripped out of her notebooks, and her lock was cut and everything was stolen. And no one came to help her. The bullying eventually became so bad that her wrist and femur were broken and she was left on the pavement. She was taken to the hospital and put in two casts. Even with crutches, her school had no mercy. Serenity had hit rock bottom and she had no escape other than music.