Chapter 14

Emma's POV
"Mom?" I heard Henry whispering as he walked close to the couch where I was sitting on "Are you okay?"

I faked a smile "Yes. I'm just tired"

"But you look sad..."

"I... I didn't have a good day, kid"

He gazed downwards. Then he lifted up his head hovering a grin "I have an idea to make you feel better!" He exclaimed.

"Which one?"

"I'm gonna call Killian and tell him to come! You're always happy and smiley when you're with him so if you see him I bet you will feel much better!"

I tried to contain my tears. I swallowed with difficulty before kneeling in front of my son.

"Henry, I'm not sure that's the best thing to do in this case"

"Why not?"

"Because Killian and I..."

I couldn't even say it out loud. I was so confused, so angry, so disappointed and yes, really sad.

"Are you not together anymore?"

I could see a gloomy face in my son. He adored Killian. They had bonded beautifully, they had gotten along very well and suddenly that perfect world had crumbled.

"No"

Henry's eyes became teary. I took his hands and squeezed them softly. Watching him cry broke my soul.

"Why?" He asked "Was it because of me?"

"Of course not" I said as I caressed his head "It was something between him and I"

"Did you have a fight?"

"Yes"

"But why did you fight?"

His questions were making the situation harder. I just wanted to lock myself in the room and not speak to anyone, but I had to explain things to Henry. He was still too small to understand those kind of troubles and I was her mother, as much as it hurt me I had to act with sincerity and calmness.

"Henry... Things didn't work out. Relationships not always end up well and it's completely normal"

"But don't you want things to work out?"

"I... Yes, but-"

"Then why don't you go to his house and fix it?"

"It's not that simple..."

"You don't want to be with him?"

I felt a small tear falling from my eye and running down through my left cheek.

"Henry..."

"I thought you loved him"

Love. That word again. How do I know if it's love if I don't even understand its meaning? I feel something for Killian Jones. Something big and extraordinary... But I have no idea if it's love. And in this moment I really don't want to find out because it would only be more painful.

I just hugged Henry tightly without answering his question. I felt his little arms around my neck as I heard his weeping.

I felt terrible. I felt...

Broken.

***

Four weeks went by since the day Killian Jones and I broke up. Four weeks filled with mixed feelings that didn't let me sleep. Oh, and to make things even worse, I still had nightmares about Neal, which was stupid because we already knew that he was never going out of prison. But my head kept sending me those dreams just when I was going through a crisis.

I tried to pretend that I was doing good, that I was fine and ready to keep going on with my life.

But of course I wasn't.

It was too much to handle. Too much suffering to go through.
A part of me wanted to call Killian and apologize. A part of me wanted to run to his house and hug him tightly, kiss him and tell him how much I've missed him.

However, another part of me said that it had been his fault. Why apologize? He was the one who should come to my house and say sorry! He was the one who shared a drink and laughs with the girl who had an ugly green purse! Killian Jones lied!

Now you see what I mean.

Crisis.

Drama.

Fury.

Confusion.

This is what I gain for falling for someone. I should've learned the lesson long ago.

I was blind.

Again.

The worst of all was that there was no cure for what I had.

There is no cure for a broken heart.

~~~

Little update! Sorry, I know it doesn't have a lot of things :/
And my apologies for all the feels during last chapter! But believe me, on the following ones, things are gonna change...

Thanks for all your votes and comments! They bright up my day :)