Living in Fear

|Not a request|Chris Brown

Excuse any mistakes. Enjoy! :)

•••

"You can't keep using this shit as your clutch." Amalie placed her hands on her hips as she clenched her hands around the pill bottle in her hand.

"Amalie, give me my shit." Chris closed his eyes and sighed.

"No, Chris. You're throwing your life away." She yelled as she turned and walked to the bathroom.

Chris tried to grab her, but his moving was a little delayed due to the weed coming in.

She hurriedly slammed the bathroom door and locked it behind her. She walked over to the toilet, opened the pill bottle, and emptied it of its contents. Tears sprung in her eyes as she slid down the bathroom door. She could hear Chris throwing things on the other side of the door.

How did they get here? When did everything go so bad?

Chris's career was at its peak. Then, he got arrested for domestic abuse. His album, Fame, had very little sells. It was like everybody hated him. To cope with his depression, he turned to pain pills, drinking, and marijuana.

"Open this damn door, Amalie. Ain't nobody fucking with you today. Open the fucking door!" Chris roared as he banged on the door.

Amalie continued to cry as she felt the door shaking against her back with each bang.

Chris began kicking the door, making Amalie's back hurt. Knowing that he was gonna get in sooner or later, Amalie chose to get whatever he was going to do over with.

The door flew open. Chris's eyes roamed the bathroom before they met Amalie's. Amalie pressed herself against the wall in fear. She dropped the empty bottle.

Chris approached Amalie and picked up the bottle. His eyes seemed to darken and his breathing increased.

"You flushed my shit?" He asked.

"Chris..." Amalie whimpered with tears streaming down her face.

"Did you flush my shit?" He repeated.

Amalie sheepishly nodded.

Chris looked at the way her hands shook and her body was pressed against the wall.

"You scared of me?" He asked.

Amalie said nothing. She closed her eyes and sobbed.

Chris grabbed her chin and made her look up at him. He could see the tears forming before they fell.

"You scared of me?" He reiterated.

"Y-Yes." Amalie stuttered.

"Good."

Chris walked away from her, shutting the bathroom door. Amalie sat down on the toilet seat with her head in her hands. She'd never been more afraid in her life.

Hours later, Amalie finally scrapped up enough courage to come out of the bathroom.

She looked around the room. There was shattered glass, feathers from pillows, and covers thrown everywhere. The once beautiful room was destroyed.

She would've called out for Chris, but she was afraid. She tip toed over everything on the floor and managed to quietly come down the stairs.

Chris wasn't in the living room, but she could hear noises coming from his studio. She peeped through a crack in the door. Chris was smoking in the room with Michael and some women were floating around the room.

Not wanting to walk in empty handed, Amalie went and retrieved a bottle of liquor before going back.

"I thought you guys might want this." She mumbled.

She quickly sat the bottle down and turned to leave. She doesn't smoke, so she didn't feel comfortable being around all that smoke.

"C'mere." She heard Chris's voice.

Amalie turned back around and neared Chris, keeping her distance.

"Stop playing and c'mere." He smacked his lips.

Amalie came a little closer only to be pulled onto his lap.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I love you." He whispered in her ear.

Chris words sounded so sincere that had she not heard them a hundred times before, she would've believed him.

•••

"Why you so far away, baby?" Chris asked.

They were now lying in bed. The room was still ruined, but they managed to get into bed.

"I didn't realize I was far. I'm sorry." Amalie spoke emotionlessly.

Truth be told, she was afraid of being tired of Chris and tired of being afraid of Chris.

"Come closer. I know you cold." Chris wrapped his arm around Amalie and pulled her closer.

Though she didn't like Chris at the moment, she loved him and the feel of his body touching hers.

"Baby?" Chris spoke.

"Yes."

"I know you mad and I know you probably wanna leave me, but I ask that you don't. Stay with me a lil' longer, babe. Give me another chance. I might not mean it every time that I've apologized, but I mean it this time. Baby, I swear, I mean it this time."

Amalie remained silent and snuggled up closer to Chris, releasing a sigh. She wanted to believe him, but....

She'd heard it all before.