Chapter Two - Her Life (part two)

It was Saturday and Jeonghan was waiting for Haneul outside her room...or small house. His hair fell down to his shoulder/neck but it made him look even better. Long hair suits him better than boy cut.

"Jeonghan." Haneul called. "How long have you been here?"

"Just a few minutes ago." Jeonghan lied. In fact, he's been there since 6 in the morning and it's 8 am now. "Let's go?"

They went to Jeonghan's car and he started to drive to the hospital. There was a complete silence in the car because of what happened yesterday but Haneul decided to shrug it off.

-

"What's her room number?" Jeonghan asked.

"It's 1717." Haneul said.

"Okay I'll meet you there at 12 pm. I'll just go to my friend." Before he walked away, he handed her his extra jacket. "Wear that. It's cold today."

He left. "But it's summer!" Haneul said.

"It's going to rain later according to the news." Jeonghan replied without looking at the girl.

"Oh Jeonghan." Haneul sighed and proceeded to room 1717.

The girl knocked before entering the room. "Mrs. Park!" She greeted but there was a nurse inside treating Mrs. Park. "Oh sorry for disturbing."

"It's okay," Mrs. Park said. "come and sit on the couch!"

Yes there was a couch inside Mrs. Park's room. Haneul sat there quietly as she watched the nurse inject Mrs. Park. She hated needles. She even wondered how nurses and doctors do that without getting shivers.

"All done, Mrs. Park." The nurse said with his deep voice. "I guess I'll see you later at 12 pm for another injection." He stated before bowing to her.

"I shall take my leave now." He bowed to Haneul then left.

"That nurse is really kind." Mrs. Park smiled. "He's patient, like you. Anyway, so how's school? How's work?"

"School is alright. I'm on the top again! But that's not a big news anymore. But a girl named Park Jaekyung from Star Entertainment offered me to audition to her company if I'm interested."

"Oh congratulations! We should celebrate!" Mrs. Park cheered. "Why don't you audition? If you pass then that's a good thing. It'll be easier for you to find your brother."

"I don't do celebrations Mrs. Park. And I want to find my brother but I don't want to stop going to school. Entertainment companies these days only let their trainees finish high school and not college. I want to finish college. That is why I'm working now." Haneul stated, fumbling Jeonghan's jacket.

"You know I can always help you with going to college." The older one said.

"Oh no no no Mrs. Park." Haneul looked at her. "I want to earn money and do things on my own."

"If that's what you want," Mrs. Park mumbled. "but if you need any help, just see me okay?"

"Yes Mrs. Park." She smiled.

Their talk lasted long until it was 12 pm. Haneul had said goodbye to Mrs. Park and opened the door. But she didn't know someone was going to come inside. So they bumped against each other.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" Haneul picked up the fallen folder from the floor and gave it to the nurse.

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized once again and this time, she was looking at him.

"It's okay." The nurse smiled as he opened the door wider for Haneul to have way.

Sensing the tension, Haneul quickly walked outside the room and closed the door. She did not wait long for Jeonghan.

"How was your 'talk' with her?" Jeonghan asked handing hot chocolate to Haneul.

It's summer Jeonghan, she thought but accepted it anyway. "It was fine I guess. She's in a good mood, actually."

"That's rare. Last time I checked, she threw a pillow at you."

"That's because she was in pain!" Haneul said. "She's always in pain."

"And so are you." Jeonghan sighed.

He wanted to help her with everything but she always refuse.

"I'm not in pain, Jeonghan." She replied. "Just not that fortunate."

-

It was another day at work and Jeonghan asked her about what Jaekyung told her. So she explained everything.

"Go for it." Jeonghan looked at her straight in the eyes. "In that way, you'll find your brother."

Haneul replied the same thing she said to Mrs. Park. "Hey, if you need any help, I'm here for you. Just tell me."

"Oh Jeonghan, I don't know what to do without you." Haneul smiled bitterly and hugged him.

He hugged her back but it was tighter. It was as if he didn't want to let go of her.

"Okay love birds, time to work now." Min teased as soon as she entered the room where they make the coffee and cakes and stuff.