Chapter Twelve - "Oh dear gracious holy!"

"I'm so sorry!" Haneul said dropping the pepper spray. "Oh my gosh, does it hurt?"

"N-no, I'm okay." Wonwoo said coughing and rubbing his nose. "I'm sorry."

Suddenly, Haneul laughed. "You look so weird." It was the first time he's seen her laugh and it was music in his ears.

"You should laugh more." He said.

"And you should stop trying to kiss a 16 year old high school girl at the back of the venue of a school on a school dance." She chuckled.

-

They went back to the venue as if nothing really happened. And it was now time for the announcement on who will be the Queen for the night. Haneul stood on the stage for she will crown whoever will be the queen.

"Let me introduce to you, Lee Haneul as the queen of the School Dance 2015!"

Haneul clapped and suddenly the spotlight went to her. "Eh?" She muttered. She had no idea she was the queen. "Me?"

Everybody laughed and said, "yes!"

"Oh."

Silence filled the room. Until Chan stood up and said, "HANEUL! HANEUL! HANEUL!"

And the crowd cheered her name. She smiled awkwardly at the people. Suddenly, Wonwoo was pulled by the principal. "Put this on her." She whispered to him and handed the tiara.

"Congratulations, princess." Wonwoo smiled charmingly at her and put the tiara on her.

Earlier he was calling me 'my lady' and now he's calling me princess, she said in her mind. After approximately 15 minutes, the program continued. Students dancing at the center, teachers and other school staffs talking to each other not minding the crazy students. Seventeen was dancing together with the other students except for Seungkwan who was tasting-eating- almost everything on the buffet table.

"Would you like to go home now?" Wonwoo asked the sleepy Haneul. "You look tired and sleepy."

"If it's okay for you..." She replied then yawned.

-

Wonwoo drove slowly but surely on the road at almost 1 am. There were still cars but only a few. City lights looked beautiful but to him, the sleeping girl beside him was more beautiful. Her face looked so innocent yet strong. Her face was bare yet she was still beautiful. She was not just a beautiful face but a girl with a beautiful soul.

He turned on the car radio and a song started playing. The song basically described what he felt the moment she opened the door of her apartment. What he felt when she danced with him. What he felt when she hugged him. What he felt when he danced with her with no one watching. What he felt when he almost kissed her-and end up getting sprayed with a pepper spray.

He chuckled at the memory of the pepper spray. But it was a good thing that Haneul wasn't an easy to get girl.

Wonwoo parked the car and glanced at Haneul. She was still sleeping soundlessly. He stared at her face and thought, you really are beautiful. Then he leaned his back on the car chair and smiled.

One of the best nights to be honest, he said to himself.

-

Days passed and school was back to normal which was a good thing-Haneul didn't want anyone to talk to her about the school dance. Jeonghan was discharged and is in a very good condition now. Wonwoo's visit in Haneul's apartment became a daily basis. And Seventeen's visit became once to thrice a week. Of course, Jeonghan would be with her too.

"Say hello to your new classmate class."

A girl who was the same age as them showed up with a smile. "She's the new scholarship student."

Everyone gasped. "They're accepting scholarship students again?" Mingyu whispered to his seatmate.

"I don't know." The seatmate replied.

"Hello, I'm Kang Minah. Nice to meet you."

Haneul didn't really care. Well, she kinda does because of the scholarship but she wasn't really interested. Minah sat down on the empty space beside Haneul. "Hi," Minah greeted.

"Hello." Haneul smiled. "I'm Haneul."

Minah raised her eyebrow. "I was talking to the cute guy beside you."

Wow, she thought.

Time went by and it was finally dismissal time. Haneul didn't know why Minah was acting so differently to her. She was nice to everyone but her. Walking to the school gate, she spotted Wonwoo waiting.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have duties in the hospital?" She asked as soon as he walked to her but she was happy on the inside.

"Hello to you too." Wonwoo chuckled. "Am I not allowed to fetch you? Or are you waiting for someone?"

She shook her head. "N-no, I was actually planning on going home alone because my boss in the cafe gave me two days so I could rest from all customers. And I was planning to go to this bookstore and buy some materials."

"Let's go there then!"

"What?!" Her eyes widened. "Aren't you busy?"

"Actually no. It's my day off today." He looked cheerful than normal. "So let's go!"

-

"So," Wonwoo started. "Why are you buying all this? For a school project?"

"No," Haneul chuckled. "Just for myself. I like drawing and sketching and stuff like that. So basically, yeah." Suddenly a little boy ran past by them making her lose her balance.

"Oh jeez!" Wonwoo said, trying to catch her but ended up falling as well. On top of her.

You know that cliche moment when the two people start to have an eye contact, not noticing people looking at them? Yes, that's happening. Their faces were so close to each other that with just one move of Wonwoo, their faces-lips- would touch.

"Oh dear gracious holy!"