Chapter Fourteen - Arguments

Min went to the table where Jeonghan and Haneul were. "Um, guys." She said. "You know, you should stop being lovey dovey."

"Sorry, Jeonghan is actually sick." Haneul said.

"And you're hugging him?" Min raised a brow. "You're really weird."

"Thanks." Haneul smiled.

After awhile, Min walked away from the two to avoid seeing anything sweet anymore. Jeonghan and Haneul started to talk about life. A memory came into the girl's smile and a smile appeared on her lips all of a sudden.

Jeonghan, who now sat in front of her, furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity. "Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing, I just remembered something." She responded, her cheeks heating up.

"Come on, tell me!" Jeonghan whined, pouting at her.

"Wonwoo tried to kiss me." She spoke, her words sounding a bit happy.

Somehow, Jeonghan felt his hope going straight down like a gyro drop. He suddenly felt like not being supportive in any way.

"He did?" He asked bitterly but Haneul couldn't sense it.

"Yeah." She chuckled. "I attacked him with a pepper spray."

Now Jeonghan was interested."You did?"

"Yes. I didn't really know what to do. I've never experienced kissing because well, I'm only sixteen years old." She muttered, resting her head on the table. "But you know after that night, I started to feel things whenever I'm with him. I don't know, is that weird?"

Her eyes landed on Jeonghan who didn't speak a word. He was just staring at his hands on the table, fiddling with his fingers.

Just in time, the bell of the main door in the cafe chimed and suddenly, it became quiet. The two looked at who arrived and it was Jeonghan's friends. "Oh it's seventeen!"

Haneul felt like there was too many of them and if she enumerates each and everyone of their names, it's gonna take a while.

"Hello!" Chan greeted, clinging onto Haneul. "How are youuuuu."

"I'm alright." She let out a smile and greeted the others. "What brings you guys here?"

"If you are expecting that we came here for you, you're wrong." Jihoon stated, rolling his eyes. "We're here for coffee. Now take our orders."

Haneul internally groaned at his attitude.

"Well, I'm sorry but it isn't her shift now." Min said, appearing out of the blue. "Attacking fellow customers, huh? That makes me want to kick you out of here."

"Just take our order." Jihoon was persistent and it made the others shake their heads in dismay.

-

The day passed by with Seventeen basically being themselves. Telling jokes and stuff in which Haneul laughed at. She was grateful for being around these guys and she didn't want anything else in her life.

Well, except for finding her brother but that's besides the point.

Haneul sat on her couch with Jeonghan beside her. "You know you should go home." She said.

"I might really get sick as well. You know I can't afford being absent again."

He was about to speak once again when someone knocked on her door. She immediately sprinted to the door and opened it, revealing Wonwoo who was still on his uniform.

"Hey," He greeted. "May I come in?"
B
"Yeah sure!" She didn't know why but she was suddenly excited by his presence. "It's just Jeonghan here."

Just Jeonghan? The boy thought as he rolled his eyes at the two.

"Hey Jeonghan." Wonwoo greeted but the latter only nodded in response.

"What brings you here?" Haneul asked as the both of them sat on the couch, making Jeonghan scoot so there'll be space for them.

"Oh, I was about to invite you to this house party I'm going to tomorrow." He said. "One the head nurses at the hospital got promoted to a good hospital in Canada and he's throwing a party before he leaves."

"That's great but I don't know if I can come." Haneul said, looking at her fingers. "I'm not really good around people."

"Then don't come." Jeonghan interrupted. "Easy as that."

Wonwoo seemed to ignore what he said and held onto the girl's hand.

"Come on, I'll be with you all the time."

His hands felt so nice and Haneul didn't want to let go but alongside that, she felt incredibly nervous and there were butterflies in her stomach. "Alright fine, I'll go with you."

"I can't believe you're bringing a sixteen year old high school girl in a party." Jeonghan scoffed.

"In my defense, it's not the kind of party you're thinking." Wonwoo responded as he stood up. "I'll be leaving now. I'll see you tomorrow Haneul."

After he left, Haneul faced Jeonghan who hasn't smiled since Wonwoo arrived. "That wasn't nice, Jeonghan. He was just inviting me to a house party. It's a house party."

"Still, you're going with an adult!" His voice suddenly raised, surprising the girl.

"Wonwoo is nineteen!" Haneul burst out. "I don't even know how he managed to be a nurse at nineteen years old but I salute him for that."

"You know what, nevermind." Jeonghan stood up. "If you want to go, then go."

"What is it with you?" She questioned, looking straight into his eyes but he was avoiding her gaze. "You always seem to control me."

"You said I deserved good things and this is good, Jeonghan. I'm finally getting out of my comfort zone." She continued, her voice trembling. "Wonwoo took me out of my comfort zone and I'm thankful for that. He's done things to me which sadly, you couldn't do because I don't know what's wrong with you but you're so manipulative around me and maybe that's the reason why all the times I spent with you, I didn't manage to go out there and express myself."

Jeonghan remained silent but his heart captured every word she said and it sent multiple thorns into his heart, piercing through.

"I hope, I really hope you understand me." Haneul, who was now crying, stated as she sauntered towards her door. "Please leave."

Jeonghan let out a sigh. He closed his eyes and was about to say something but words seemed to be scared to exit his mouth so he walked to the door and left.

a/n: hello im sorry its been awhile but i hope you liked it! please vote and comment what you think!  also, who here likes wanna one?