Chapter Eight - Bonboo and Meonghan

"Are you Ms. Lee's brother?"

Wonwoo shook his head to the principal. "I'm just a friend of Haneul." He replied. "I'm sorry if she was absent yesterday. And I am here to inform you that she couldn't attend school due to some issues."

"Okay, so for how many days?" The principal asked.

"I don't know maybe for a day or two?" Wonwoo scratched the back of his head. "She's really not in the best you know, situation right now."

"A day or two?" The principal said, shocked. "There's a school dance tomorrow and she has to be there. If she won't be there tomorrow, then her scholarship will be in danger."

"Is that so? Well, I will try to convince her to go tomorrow."

"Okay, Mr..."

"Jeon."

Wonwoo left the school to go back to Haneul's apartment room. He found her still sleeping, but she was on the couch. The coffee table was filled with papers. He sighed and fixed the papers on the table. Then after, he sat down on the edge of the couch and looked at Haneul. It just happens he sat on the side where her head was beside him.

Haneul groaned suddenly and woke up. As soon as she saw Wonwoo, he only smiled at her. "You fine now?"

"I think so." She sat up but held her head. "Just got a little head ache I guess. From all these school paper works and stuff."

"You know you don't need to do all these things..." Wonwoo said, looking at the papers.

"I have to! I care about the scholarship you know." She replied almost immediately she felt like disrespecting him. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He smiled back.

-

"I'll tell you this again, Haneul. It's not your fault."

"Think Jeonghan, if you did not take me to school and you just stayed in your home then all this wouldn't happen." Haneul explained. "None of this would happen."

"Look, it already happene-oh dear do not cry please." Jeonghan tried to comfort the girl but he couldn't move freely because of the wires that were attached to him. Mentioning the his leg that was fractured, like really.

"I can't not cry!" She exlaimed. "It's all my fault."

"No it's not!" Jeonghan replied with his voice raising. "Look, it's no one's fault okay? Accidents happen and it's inevitable. Do you get me Haneul?"

"But," she tried to reason, still crying.

"No buts. Or else," Jeonghan looked straight in her eyes. "nothing. Just don't blame yourself okay? It's not your fault."

"So what are you gonna do about the dance tomorrow? The doctor said I cannot be discharged in a few days because of some reasons I do not even understand." Jeonghan stated. "Come," he moved to the side so Haneul can sit on the free space on the bed.

Once she sat, he held her hand. "You're too cold."

"I don't know. I don't think I can go without you." She sighed and intertwined her fingers into him. It looked like they were a couple for doing that but they needed each other this time. Jeonghan needed Haneul for some reason while Haneul needed Jeonghan for some other reason. "I'll just say that I was so sick tha-"

Jeonghan cut her off. "You're gonna go. If yo don't, your scholarship will be in danger. I have a replacement." He winked but failed because his eyes were hurting. "Wonwoo."

"What?!" Haneul yelled startling the boy. "That's not acceptable. He's a busy man and I just won't accept that."

"Oh come on! This dance is like prom and I know you do not like proms and stuff like that but this is a once in a lifetime thing." Jeonghan explained. "I'm not forcing you to go but,"

"It's kinda close to forcing me." She managed to giggle.

"You have to! Remember the reason why you even took the scholarship?"

Yes, she thought.

Haneul looked at him and he looked back at her. So basically, they're having a staring contest. She was thinking so hard she did not notice Wonwoo coming inside. And it was the same to Jeonghan.

"Okay I am so sorry for disturbing you guys to whatever you're doing." Wonwoo said as soon as he saw the two. It was funny because he looked so shocked and the paper he was holding was on the floor.

Haneul quickly stood up and removed her hand from Jeonghan's grip. "Bonboo! Who's Bonboo? Oh dear, Wonwoo!"

"N-no, you did not really uh disturb us." She smiled so widely and it was awkward.

Jeonghan remained silent as he looked as his hands playing with the blanket.

"Good evening, I mean good afternoon." Wonwoo greeted, still shocked and was embarrassed. "I'm just here to check on Meonghan-Jeonghan. As I've seen, I guess he's doing fine."

"Yeast. I mean yes." Haneul replied.

"Okay," Jeonghan interrupted. "So, um. Wonwoo, you see Haneul will have to attend the school dance tomorrow and I'm supposed to be her date but this happened so will you be her date?"

Wonwoo was shocked again but this time no paper fell down to the floor. But finally regained his normalness (is that a word lol). "Okay, sure. No problem, I mean I don't have a night duty tomorrow and I assume that the school dance would be at night."

"Yes." Was the only thing Jeonghan could say. He wasn't that much of a talker in front of other people. Except for Haneul, Min, and to some of his friends.

"Eh?!" Haneul reacted so late making Jeonghan chuckle. "Wonwoo! Is it really okay for you?"

"Yeah!" He replied. "I mean, when I was in high school I never attended school dances because I was focusing on studies and music."

"Really?!" Haneul smiled and hugged Wonwoo. "Sorry."

"Look, it's not that I'm desperate to go to the dance. It's just that, I have to. Because of the-"

"Scholarship." Wonwoo smiled.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing guys. Not quiet guys but very noisy guys wearing shirts with Jeonghan's picture on it.