Chapter Nine - Eyes scream when words fail

"What's with all the shirts?" Jeonghan scoffed, but in a joke kind of way.

"Haneul!" The boy who looked like the youngest greeted the girl and was about to hug her but he was stopped by the other one.

"Chan, you're not even close. Don't be so touchy." He scolded.

"Alright alright, Seungcheol hyung."

Haneul looked so lost. Imagine having 13 boys with you in one room. Well, Wonwoo and Jeonghan were exceptions. But still, it was weird. Note that they were all good looking. Her mind was still processing when Jeonghan spoke.

"They're my friends Haneul."

"You have friends?!" Haneul babbled making everyone chuckle. "I mean, yeah I know that."

"We'll just introduce ourselves to you." Seungcheol beamed. "I am Seungcheol, nice to meet you!"

"I am Seokmin!"

"I am the diva Seungkwan!"

Diva? She asked herself.

"I'm Joshua." He smiled.

"Hansol here!"

"Jihoon." The shortest one simply said, not even looking at her.

"I am Jun!"

"My name is Minghao!"

"Soonyoung here!"

"You know me, Haneul!" Chan smiled at her.

"Ah, eh, nice to meet you." She tried to laugh but it sounded really creepy.

"Why are you wearing a shirt with my face on it? Hmm?" Jeonghan said. "I'm not dead, jeez."

"Because we thought it would be nice to wear your face." Seungcheol replied, laughing.

"Justice for Jeonghan!" Seungkwan yelled.

"Yes, justice." Jihoon pointed out, emphasizing the word justice which made Jeonghan glare at him.

Just by hearing the word 'justice' made her feel like the criminal. If only she did not let Jeonghan take her to school then this wouldn't happen. None of this would happen.

"Why do I need justice?" Jeonghan asked, serious. "Why? It was no one's fault. If there's someone who's at fault then it'll be me. I was the one who was driving."

Soonyoung looked at Jeonghan and Jihoon. "Heeey, we should be happy that he's good now right?"

Wonwoo noticed Haneul's blank expression. She was as if in a place where nobody cares for her. He sat beside her. "Hey, everything fine?"

She nodded but was in the verge of tears so he held her wrist and they went out. "You know you should tell me if you're not okay. No need to hide."

"You don't know what I feel. You won't care. It was my fau-"

"Yes I do!" Wonwoo said, raising his voice. "And bullcrap, it wasn't your fault."

Haneul looked at him in the eyes. Tears fell down from her beautiful, brown eyes. She couldn't take being a burden anymore. Wonwoo hugged her.

"Eyes scream when words fail." He stated.

She did not get what he meant. "You fail to say what you want because it's your eyes who wanted to scream." He explained. "But hey, I'll make you happy tomorrow. Will be the one of the best days?"

She smiled through the tears and hugged him tighter.

-

Haneul went back because Wonwoo still had to do his duty. At first, she felt a bit lonely but Chan was there to make her feel welcomed.

"You know, Jeonghan hyung tells us a lot about you." He smiled. "And don't worry you'll find your brother!"

They were eating altogether and Jihoon suddenly choked. Haneul got so nervous that she gave her water to him. "Are you okay?" She asked but he didn't answer.

"You know, maybe your brother is either dead or just does not want you in his life." Jihoon said. "Maybe you became a burden that it came to the point that he left you."

She stared at him in shock. But then, she looked down to her lap to keep tears from falling. Haneul was sensitive when it comes to this kind of things.

"Maybe it's the brother who has the problem that is why he doesn't want to come back." Jeonghan shot back. "Maybe he doesn't have a heart to notice Haneul's kindness, sadness, and a very little bit of happiness but is always taken away. Maybe he doesn't know that Haneul doesn't deserve to be in a life like she's in right now. Maybe he doesn't know that Haneul is fragile and is a precious diamond at the same time. Maybe he doesn't know that Haneul loves him so much."

The room went quiet.

"Hey, you know. Even if my brother does not love me or does not find me then it's okay for me. I'm not asking for his love. I just-need someone that would understand me. If he doesn't understand me, then it's okay as well. Just by seeing him would make me feel like there's still hope." Haneul stated.

"Awe, Han you're such a strong girl." Chan said.

"Han?" Soonyoung muttered.

"Han Chan!" Chan replied smiling so widely.

"You call her Han but you don't call me that." Hansol complained pouting.

"Yes, that's because you aren't cute." Chan said sticking his tongue out. "And strong."

"Oooooooohhhh!" Seungkwan said mocking Hansol.

"Anyway," Soonyoung said. "We'll be performing tomorrow at a dance in Sky High. So do you want to come, Haneul?"

"Yeah, I think you'll have some funn there!" Jun and Minghao said simultaneously.

They talk? She thought.

"I actually go to Sky High, if you don't know." She chuckled a bit.

"Eh?"

"Really?"

"He he."