4.

Ghost

"Dark Passenger." I told him. I had wanted to get this song published somehow, but I thought I'd have to give it to some other band.

"Let's get to work." Balz took the papers from my hand and started playing what I had already written. There where, 'this needs to be switched' or 'this needs to be here and this just needs to leave.' I didn't question a single thing he said, knowing he was far better at keyboards then I would ever be.

"I think I've finished my part." Balz spoke out.

"Great, let's hear it." He started started playing the introduction and I was already hooked. The farther into the song I realized how talented Balz was.

He hit the final note and we both shared a look.

"That was fúcking amazing!" Chris exclaimed from his spot on the couch. We look up and see the rest of the guys staring in awe.

"What was that?" Ryan asked. I looked at Balz wanting him to say the name. I couldn't take credit for that song anymore. It was his, it was Balz' song.

"Dark Passenger." He finally announced.

"Play it." Ricky demanded. I looked at him shocked, he wants me to play it when he knows I get scared singing in front of smaller crowds.

"O-okay." I said looking down at my lap. I had memorized the lyrics so he nodded for Balz to start.

Bring me the head, rip the heart from my chest
Cause the person that you knew, that you loved is dead
No cure, so tonight is the night
I'm going back on the deals with the devil I signed.
Disappear into darkness.

I briefly look up to see Ryan and Angelo wide eyed, Chris with no sign of emotion and Ricky looking bored as hell.

Somehow I will break and destroy you
And reveal what was hidden in plain view
This disguise was designed
To deflect all that I couldn't show you

I stare at the wall behind Ricky while I sang that part. It was written about him, but I would never admit it. I see him giving me a death glare before I hang my head down low once more.

Shatter the glass, step away from the crash
I am slowly suffocating from the weight of my past
No cure for how I feel nothing inside
Cause there's no black in the world dark enough to prescribe
Born in blood.

Somehow I will break and destroy you
And reveal what was hidden in plain view
This disguise was designed
To deflect all that I couldn't show you

Im cursed right to the bone with apathy
A guest in my own home is how I feel
Dear sanity, I miss you so, come back to me
"There are no secrets in life, just hidden truths beneath the surface"
Time is the enemy

I hear snickers from the corner and see Ricky trying to contain his laughter while Angelo was scolding him.

I looked at Balz and shook my head, jumping off the stool and running out the door. I was trying so hard not to let him mess me up, but he had a control over me and seeing him laugh at something I worked so hard on crushed me.

I got into my car and drove to my secret place. Where nobody knew. Not even Ricky.

I drive down the familiar path until getting to the cut off. I get out the car and grab my pocket knife and some mace. I lock my doors and head down a leafy patch way.

After twenty so minutes of walking I reach my destination (picture above). It was calm and peaceful. Absolutely no one knew about this place, and I intended for it to stay that way.

I sit in the flowery field and let my thoughts explode. I break down and feel completely fine about it.

I cry and cry until I ultimately  have  no tears left.

"Ghost." I hear someone sigh. I quickly turn around and point my pocket knife at them. "Calm down, it's only me." He said putting his hands up.

"How did you find me?" I ask him.

"One I followed you, and two, I have a tracker on your phone." He admitted.

"God damn it Angelo." I chuckle. I step towards him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I will always be here okay? Whatever your going through, I will always be here." I should have believed him, I really should have. I know Angelo wouldn't lie to me, but I just couldn't help but feel like he was just sorry for me.

"Thank you." I whisper in his chest. We stay like that for a while until it started to get dark.

"Come on, you can stay at mine." I nod and head to my car.

"I have to go to the hotel and get my stuff." I tell him. He stops in his tracks and turns towards me.

"The what?" He asked.

"The hotel." I repeated myself. He quickly walked over to me and reached for my arms. I tugged them away before he could do anything. His eyes softened and he reached for them again.

"Devin." He whispered.

"I'm sorry." I take my arms out of his grasp and get in my car. "Follow me to the hotel, I'll follow you from there."

I drive to the hotel with PVRIS's acoustic set blaring in the speakers. Eyelids come on and I start to tremble. I could see the hotel up the street and speed to the parking lot. I switch off my car and start sobbing. No tears are produced but everything else happens.

I rush out the car and into the hotel, not even bothering with locking the doors. I open my hotel room and collapse on the floor. I hear loud banging on the door but I didn't have the energy to get up. I was lifeless, I had nothing left inside of me.

And it's all because I broke up with someone.

What. The hell, is wrong with me?

* okay two things. One, the next chapter will be in Ricky's and that's when the shit will go down

Numbero dos, Reincarnate has not been released yet. It's going to be released soon but yeah.

Vote, comment, fan. Keep lying you liars.

- Ash Costello bc she's hair goals.