8.

Ghost

"He's what?!" I yell at the frightened man. He repeated himself and a loud bang came from the door. "Call the cops and hide. Don't come out until I come get you okay?" He nodded and took out his phone, calling 911 I assume.

I walked towards the front door and carefully grabbed a baseball that was propped up against the dresser.

"Angelo I swear to god if you don't come out right this second I will not hesitate to shoot down this door." Chris slurred his words. Great, he's drunk.

"Chris, you're not thinking right. You're drunk and don't know what you're doing. Just step away and go home." I shout through the door, checking to make sure Angelo wasn't in sight.

"I'm not leaving until I get that bastard. He belongs to me, not you." He yelled back. 

I peaked out the window and saw him leaning against the pillars for support. His hands were in his pockets while his hair was a massive curly mess.

I looked around before opening the door.

"Chris, take your hands out of your pockets." I ask him very slowly. He took his hand out of the pockets and there was indeed a hand gun. He swirled it around his hand before pointing it straight at me.

"Hand over the whore, or I shoot." He said extremely casual.

"He's not a whore. He should be able to choose who he wants to be with, and obviously he doesn't want to be with you." I spoke with a clenched jaw. I couldn't take him seriously with all of this going on. First the studio and now coming to my house drunk?! Who does this?

"Have it your way." I heard the click of the gun before time seemed to stop. I felt myself being pushed to the ground, the sound of the gun going off and a pulsating pain flaring through my arm.

My vision started to blur when I looked at the scene. Red and blue lights were going off like crazy, Angelo was grabbing my face, yelling words that I couldn't comprehend, and myself being lifted onto a stretcher.

I was going in and out of consciousness when I saw Chris being forced into the police vehicle, Angelo struggling against the other paramedics and very familiar faces popping up everywhere.

••••

Beep, beep, beep.

I've been here too many times for various reasons. Reasons I shouldn't have seen, reasons I did to myself, pretty much every reason under the sun.

I subconsciously reach down to my wrist and pull out the I.V. tubes and all the others. I sit up and rub my eyes getting rid of anything that wasn't supposed to be there.

"Good to see your up." The doctor said as I opened my eyes. He walked over and hooked me up once more not listening to my protest.

"What happened?" I asked scratching my arms getting quite annoyed at the needles.

"Mr.Cruelli had shot you in the arm and was aiming at your head as you were falling. The police arrived just in time, your very-"

"Lucky to be alive. Blah blah blah whatever. When can I leave." I asked picking at my chopping nail polish.

"Mr.Olson signed you out a couple minutes ago. He offered to watch you for the remaining time of your recovery." The doctor informed me as he wrote something on a piece of paper. "Take this."

"Where'd Angelo go?" I ask the doctor. He turns around with a confused expression.

"Who's Angelo?" The doctor spoke back.