13

•ghost•

I felt the plane start to roll forward and pick up speed. I popped a piece of gum in to help with the pressure and plugged my headphones in pressing play on Ange's message.

"Hey babe, I'm not there but I put this in your phone before you left. I really dont know what to say here so I'm just going to say what's on my mind. I love you Ghost. More than I've probably loved anyone. You mean the world to me and I can't stand the thought of you not here with me. So with you going to Cali now. I have made the plan to move out to Cali with you. By the time you hear this, I'll already be in the air probably half way to California. I hope youre not mad at this and I hope we can move forward and live life as happily as can be in the situation we are in.' His sweet soft voice brought me to the brink of tears and I couldn't believe what was happening. I was flooded with amazement but there was a sense of dread.

I wasn't mad to hear that Ange decided to come to California with me. Hell, I was ecstatic. But I left Pennsylvania to get away from everyone. From Chris, Ricky, even Ange. I wanted to leave that part of my life back there and return to a semi-normal one. And with a piece of that life that I intended to leave behind coming to my safe place, it worried me. Not because I didnt trust Ange to not bring drama but because with Ange came the possibility of Ricky and all the others following us.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Sir, would you like anything to drink?" It was the stewardess.

"Um, a coffee. Black." I need caffeine to get through this flight without my anxiety going sky high (ironic isnt it).

"That will be 12 dollars." I handed her my credit card and thanked her as she handed me back my card and the drink.

I took a sip of the burning liquid letting the caffeine take its effect. I needed to sleep but decided to fuck it.

I finished the coffee in a matter of minutes and put the styrofoam cup in my laptop holder to lazy to call down the young lady at the end of the cabin.

Not knowing what to do with the hours I had left, I put on a classic. Halseys 'Badlands' started through my ears and I let my eyelids close. Halseys voice drowned my and before I could stop, I was in a peaceful sleep.

••••

"Sir? Sir are you okay? I need you to wake up, we have landed and passengers are now disembarking." The young mans voice shouted in my ear.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and put all of my stuff away quickly trying not to hold up the next hold up the next flight. "Im sorry."

I run out of the plane and breath in the salty California air. Now an hour and a half drive until i'm home.

"Devin Sola?" A strange voice spoke out from among the crowd.

"Depends on who's asking." I took a look at the persons face trying to see if it was maybe a distant relative or friend.

"Someone has paid for your car ride home." I ask who and the man points to a neon red haired lady. I toss her a hand wave and she smiles. Shes kinda cute, and kinda familiar.

"Right this way, sir." The man escorted me to the car and put my bags in the back. "There is water and small snacks in the left compartment and a charger and gum on the right." I thank him and plug my phone in.

*ring*

I look down at my phone and see an unknown number.

unknown
you can run my precious Devin, but you cant hide. I will find you and I will reclaim you.
You have 48 hours to come back or someone dies.

What, the fuck, did I just read.

••••
oK so this was updated hella late but i was busy with stuff at school and home and uGh!

anygay i hope you liked this chapter. who is the mystery lady who paid for Ghosts ride? Is Ange really in Cali? Who sent the message.

vote, comment, tell me whatcha think

also i just finished 13 reasons why for the 183781837 time im not emotionally stable bYe

Kai Lucian <3