{3} Mistake

Like I said, all of Jules plans were mistakes and this one was tossed in with the rest.

We only lasted for ten minutes on the outside before a weird patrol car pulled up to the side of us.

"Hey what are you guys doing?" The officer asked before Jules grabbed my wrist.

"Let's go" Jules said making my feet pick up the pace as we began to run away into the darkness.

"HEY" The officer shouted as the two of us ran down the gravel road encountering unlimited obstacles until Jules ran into a backyard.

"Damn your fast" Jules said as I swiftly passed him as I hopped over a fence.

A flashlight illuminated my face as I stared at Jules struggle to make it over and I just pulled him over the fence.

"Thanks kiddo" Jules said as we ran through our neighbor's backyard,

Not only did we run, we got caught.

And I was about to receive the scolding of a lifetime from my father.

I stared at my father pace back in forth as the local police officer talked to him about how Jules tried to jump over a fence in our neighbor's yard and his shorts got stuck on the pointy part of the wooden fence.

He told him that I outran him but what got me caught was my action of going back for my stupid brother.

The officer didn't seem to be very old, he kept his short spiky hair tucked under a white baseball cap and kept his dull brown eyes on my father as he spoke.

Every now and then I heard Rebecca exhale laughter and each time she did it I knew I would tell my father that she let us go.

"Thanks officer" My father calmly walked the officer out before he stood in front of Jules and I sitting on the edge of our gray sofa.

"Rebecca" My father called her name as she pushed Jules into me, making her a spot on the love seat made for two.

He sighed, putting his face in his open palms before his fingers ran through his hair.

"Why?" My father asked as my brother and I exchanged a glance.

"Rebecca let us go" Jules blurted out before my father's sigh became heavier.

"Rebecca you're their older sister. Can you not be irresponsible when I'm not around. You know Jules is stupid"

"Hey" Jules attempted to protest but it was true. Sometimes he was stupid. Sometimes I was. And that's what being twins was all about.

"You guys please adhere to my rules. Don't go out after ten. There's nothing good out there. I swear guys"

"Are there like monsters out there with huge claws ready to tear my flesh off of my torso?" Jules mocked our father making Rebecca and I laugh as my father's face became grim.

"Julian" My father said sternly with this weird twinkle in his eyes. It's always been there when he tried to tell us something important but I guess now I just started to realize how spooky it looked.

"You guys just can't go out there. There are things out there that may drag you away and the a 10 pm curfew will be the last thing on your mind"

My father shuffled out the room leaving the three of us to loathe on the couch.

I looked over at Jules tangling his fingers in his auburn curls, pulling them down and releasing them as they tightened back up.

He looked straight ahead totally zoned out and maybe a little bit afraid.