{16} Storm

It felt as if there were a million pair of eyes intimidatingly sharing looks. They were all on my mother who crossed her arms over a rather tight black tee. She was determined to get an answer to something I'm quite sure she already knew.

"Charlotte" My mother shrugged as Jules pulled away. This was a rare day for him- his curls were pulled back in a small ponytail. I guess that shifting had changed him because he and my sister began to break up the heartwarming moment.

"How are you more concerned about the four boys in here than coming back home?" Jules scratched the extremely light stubble on his chin.

"How do you just reappear after ten years? You've been gone since I was nine and the twins were six. I remember stapling those missing person flyers of you everywhere around Manhattan. I even kept one in my backpack- you know the Hannah Montana one you helped me pick out"

I turned slightly to look at Niall who had taken a stance behind me, very close because I could feel his shallow breath tickling the hair on my neck.

His lips moved slightly with no words escaping them and this made me turn back around to the confrontation.

"We aren't stupid. Well Julian is just a little" Rebecca mimicked my mother's pose crossing her arms as Jules's eyebrows raised at the truthful fact.

"I'm just a little concerned as to why there are four boys in my home. "

"You know why they're here" I spoke up before I felt Niall's cold hand on my shoulder. It was a sign to stop and I did just that as the faces began to change.

My father actually stepped back, stumbled actually into the door as my mother couldn't keep her eyes off of her children- me included. All of us with our own issues and points of confronting her.

But I don't think anyone, including my mother herself, knew what would happen next.

"Fine" My mother simply said as the sunshine began to pour through the window in the wooden door and shine on the back of her dark hair that was in a slick ponytail.

"Fine?"

My brother and sister said on cue with me.

"Nothing's fine. Where have you been?"

"No what changed you?" Jules spoke up over our sister as my mother became shocked. "This isn't my mother. She never settles but she's never this harsh to her own children. But my mother didn't raise us either so I guess I can't expect a lot"

"Nothing changed me" She extended her arms out to my brother so he could endure an ensuring embrace but he shoved her back slightly.

"I think I know who changed you" Rebecca muttered as she pointed to my father who had completely removed himself from this situation.

I turned back to look at Niall who bit down slightly on his bottom pink lip before letting up. The blood rushed back to his pale lip as fast as the blood rushed to my ears.

I could feel his nerves escalating like mine because violence was right around the corner.

"I know everything. Dad told your pack where you had ran off to. You know that being with someone outside of your kind was forbidden but he told them where you were so we could stay safe"

Niall pulled me into his chest as a caution as Rebecca revealed things I didn't even know.

"Who told you that?" My mother had forced her face close to Rebecca's so they could exchange the same displeasing breath.