{12} This is Why

I attempted to run my fingers through my hair it they got tangled in my locks as I could feel the anger boiling in the pit in my stomach.

My eyes didn't know who to look at- Harry's teeth were clenched as the look of absolute fright played on his face, Louis was just shocked or maybe more confused and my father had his face in his palms.

But Niall had finished plucking the splinters out of his hands. And he was the only one who looked back at me.

The blood flushed my ears as I tried to breathe calmly but It was almost no use.

"Charlie calm down" Niall put his hands out in front of him as he began to walk up to me.

I really wanted to but my breath was becoming shallow and uneven as Niall kept his pace steady walking up to me.

My fingers clenched into fists at my sides, as my jaw locked. My knuckles began to pound against the side of my thighs before I felt my knees hit the ground.

"Is it happening?" I heard my father as Niall's arms were under mine before my face could hit the floor.

"Calm down" Niall whispered in my ear before his slender fingers wiped something wet under my nose.

Harry couldn't take it and immediately turned around to walk out pulling Louis with him.

"Don't let it happen" My father huffed before Niall looked down at his hand which was stained with a dark cherry liquid.

"You're not exactly doing anything to help. All you did was hurt her." Niall almost shouted as he put my head on his chest.

"You knew she shifted and you didn't say anything. You're keeping secrets from her. About who she really is. You're afraid of Charlie" Niall's usual aggravated tone became harsh as I watched my father stand up.

"Charlie relax. You can stop it from happening" Niall's lips suddenly brushed against the top of my ear as I felt my heart thump against my chest rapidly and out of my control.

There was a pain that was climbing it's way up my spine similar to the first night I had shifted and it as it got higher, my vision was becoming cloudy.

"Just relax" Niall muttered again as his swift heartbeat became the soundtrack for my ears to listen to as he and my father exchanged heated words.

"You tell her her mother disappeared when she's fucking looking for her. Ten years. Ten years. You keep her away from her truth. She's a skin crawler, not a werewolf like her mom. She shifts into humans. You're a piece of shit"

I squeezed my eyes shut as I listened to Niall's thoughts jumped all over the place but continue to tear my father into meaningless shreds.

"I have been protecting her" My father objected as the pain slowly began to recede.

"You moved her here, a place you know her mother would come. You gave up on protecting Charlie. And then you bring Liam into it. The worst possible person in this situation"

My father gasped as I felt myself began to tremble. I inhaled a sharp breath which exhaled violently before I opened my eyes again.

My vision was almost pitch black as I felt my body being ripped viciously apart from Niall's. I wanted to scream in objection for the action but, I could no longer transform my thoughts into words.

I knew I was on the floor as I could feel the wooden planks roughly rub against my palms.

My ears were still in excellent condition as I listened to what I thought was shuffling but was a fist fight.