{13} Surprises

"Mom"

The title nearly fell onto deaf ears as she didn't move an inch. This was something that made Niall pull my arm in caution.

Her jade orbs studied Niall and I. If she didn't know any of what was going on, she would think Niall and I were on a risqué type of date.

She was dressed in an all black attire and her hair was in a slick pony. All of this meant she was here for something. And have anyone else tell it, she was here for me and she wasn't leaving without me.

"Charlotte, I've missed you so much"

Tears did begin to fill her eyes causing a wave of sympathy to drown out the fear in my body.

I will stupidly admit that I shoved Niall's hand off of me so I could run into her. My arms involuntarily wrapped around her waist as her trembling hand pushed my head gently into her neck.

It was a reunion I had been waiting for.

Well most of it.

I began to listen to her begin to sob harder as my nose found a permanent spot in her flesh, inhaling the swirl of scents that laid deeper than the sweet succulent perfume she was wearing.

It was an overwhelming mix of emotions- fear and relief but as I lifted my head, my nose sniffed what my eyes failed to see.

A familiar scent of fresh strawberries and even fresher blood.

"Mom" I muttered before I looked at a pair of eyes appear behind her.

"It's okay Charlie, it's just Scott"

I pushed myself away from her as Scott walked closer into the moonlight that illuminated my mother and shown himself in his human form.

The same werewolf that strangled me in my sleep was a potential ally of my mother and that was enough for me to stumble backwards into Niall's arms.

"What's wrong?" He asked quietly as his lips brushed against the tip of my left ear.

Scott was probably a little older than me, his hands were stuffed in his black skinny jeans as my mother acknowledged them. Not much would stand out- his pale white skin, his vibrant green eyes. But there was a silver streak that ran through his nearly messy jet black hair and it matched his intimidating smirk.

Scott stood a bit taller than my mother and was far more muscular, almost like her bodyguard.

I turned to Niall, quickly realizing that anything we said can be easily heard by them.

So I decided to move my lips hoping he could read them.

That's the werewolf who strangled me

Niall raised his eyebrows in the utmost disbelief before he responded.

Are you sure?

I'm positive. I can smell the scent on him that I inhaled that first night. Do we run?

We can fight.

I don't want to fight my mother. I pressed my lips together in disagreement before Niall rolled his eyes and pulled at the collar on his gray button up.