{19} Use Somebody

I let the shift happen, just like I was instructed to but I woke up in a pool of sweat with a shock of pain in my leg. But that doesn't top that I was no longer in the house but laying on my back in the woods.

"Hello" The word was intended to be a scream but came out a whisper as I listened to my shallow breaths.

I made a mental note that the first thing I would do when everything was over is make sure Niall taught me how to control this shifting.

Judging by the lingering pain it was not a good shift but I felt it was time to get up and find somewhere to go.

I rolled over on my stomach, pushed my palms on the soft dirt so that I could stand on my own two feet.

I stood up, dusting my fresh set of clothes- a white v neck and black shorts. But I didn't have any shoes on or any socks. The dirt broke apart every time I moved my toes.

My eyes stared into the uncertain darkness that I was surrounded by. I didn't know where to go or even what to do so I started to walk randomly in a direction.

I'm not sure I want to blame Harry but something must have happened between me shifting and me waking up because he wasn't around but neither was my brother.

The fingers attached to my left hand glided over my sticky flesh on my right arm and this made everything worse. It was definitely not a feeling I wanted to endure.

"Charlie"

I looked up in the direction I heard my voice but I couldn't see anyone.

Maybe I was hearing things.

So I continued to walk, just hoping that everything would subside and I would ultimately find Harry again or even Niall. Hell even my father at this point; the woods were super fucking spooky.

I almost shook in my skin before I felt a familiar pair of hands slide under my arms and lift me up to my wobbly feet.

"Little lady I swear. Why do I have to keep saving you?"

Niall's sapphire orbs were beaming with that gold ring around them as his thin lips tried to refrain from a smile. The relief in his eyes was present.

"I don't know." I said as he nodded slightly.

"You shifted. All that sticky blood is on your skin"

"Blood?" I asked as my feet twitched a bit.

"Yeah. When you shift, you and I mean you, you shed your skin to fit the new skin of whomever you're shifting into"

"Nice" I muttered out of the corner of my mouth as he grinned a bit.

Gross.

Because that's what this relationship was all about.

Certain danger.

"Alright so listen little lady, I'm going to take you back to the house. Apparently Harry couldn't keep control of you because well he's Harry he doesn't like to use force. And then I have to go back out-"

"Wait you didn't finish fighting?" I asked as Niall put his head down in shame.

It was weird but his eyes illuminated brightly enough for me to see his face and all the hand movements that came with his words.

"Well it didn't start off the way we had intended."

I huffed.

"Niall"

I pushed my hand against his chest gently as he looked at me, automatically understanding something he didn't want to hear that I was going to say anyway.