11. Answers

Unknown POV

I'm running faster than ever. My breathe hitches at the back of my throat , a taste of blood in my mouth. I stop as I reach a secluded woodland area, my heart beating out of my chest. I bend down, hands resting on my thighs as I attempt to catch my breathe. But I know they'll catch up with me. I don't have much time right now. I can't go back there. I need to get to town, quickly.

I look over my shoulder, and in the distance I see a car whiz round the corner and continue to speed down the country road. I waste no time, before I know it my feet are dragging my body down the road at a fast pace.

I panic causing my throat to close up, my heart speeding up, I look behind my shoulder as I exhale deeply - gasping for breathe. The car is no longer there.

Lily's POV

The weeks have went by slowly and painfully. I hoped Jason would've shown up, it would've been some sort of closure but I should've known that would've been too much to ask for especially from Jason.

My mothers funeral was devastating to me. Dad seemed to be upset. But not that upset considering he only stayed to 'comfort' me for a week. And by 'comfort' I mean just being in the house, occasionally asking me if I wanted anything from the store. Before I knew it, he was driving himself to the airport back to where is work conference was. And now I'm alone.

My friends have been so great, coming up every other day to check on me, I'm actually getting better thanks to them. We had a movie night last night, and I managed to smile a few times for the first time since it happened.

I'm sitting on my bed, staring blankly into space. I've not been outside in a while, every time I'm outside there's always someone saying 'I'm sorry for your loss' or something like that and all the memories flood back. And it's just too difficult, all the memories, a constant reminder of that day, the nightmare. Seeing my dead mother- I just can't let it all come back and haunt me.

I drag myself off my bed and wander over to my laptop, I pick it up and retrace my steps to the bed where I bury myself under the covers and open it up.

I click on 'Safari' and direct myself to my Gmail account.

78 New Emails

Okay then. Starting from the top;

*'Forever 21 BIG SALE!!'
*'Leah Murry Added you on Facebook'
*'Welcome to Tumblr...'
*'Dear Lily'

Hmm, dear lily? I mumble to myself. What could this be? I expect it's some sort of misleading title like those YouTube videos and then you get frustrated because you actually thought it would've been something good.

I click on it after a few minutes of debating about what it could be.

'Lily,

Sorry about your mom...She was in the way and I needed her gone.

So please, watch out, you're next...'

I freeze. And all the thoughts rush to my head like a brain freeze. It has to be joke!?
Some sick joke, it might be Daniel trying to get to me. In fact I'm sure it's him. After everything he has done to me recently, No support whatsoever...Not that I'm looking for it. But my mom did just died and I think a part of me was expecting something from him. And no, it couldn't have been him that killed her, Jason's DNA was found on the knife, nobody else's.

I sigh and slam my laptop shut in frustration. I really don't know why someone would want to hurt me like that. Nobody really uses email anyways so why would they threaten me via email?