17. Bruised Knuckles

Dear reader -

 I cannot explain to you how much it means to have *nearly* SIXTY THOUSAND READS!?! That's insane!  I remember when I got 1K and I was so ecstatic (I was 14 okay HAHA). I'd just like to say that this story hasn't been my greatest, in all honesty. I started writing this when I was 14 and now that I'm 16 - I kind of cringe whenever I read my old chapters, but I am growing up and maturing and hopefully my writing will relay this! Anyway, I am so grateful for the feedback and positive comments. I hope you will still be a part of this little journey and I hope my story will be to your liking. If you'd like to follow me on my Instagram (Just in case you want to see my ugly lil face, here's my user; 8.23am)

Also check out my other stories guys in the mean time!

Thank You ♡

______________________

Chapter 16

Jason's POV

Blood seeps through the pores in my skin, my knuckles turning purple from the force. I pound the wall again angrily, my minds whirls with different emotions. It's my fault I got her into this. I am such an idiot, why do I have to mess everything up? I shake the pain and numbness from my hand, and spin back around on my heels towards the motel. I have been gone for around two hours, Lily's bound to be angry at me for taking this long. The car hijacking and swapping bit was the quick part, the whole 'cliche bad boy rage' was the longest bit about it. I roll my eyes, double checking the car is locked and hidden in the grubby car park. I pass a reflective window and see myself in the mirrored glass, my eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep and worry, my once airbrushed skin now looking dull and weak. I let my eyes trail down towards the ground and I kick at the stones, I continue my walk back to the motel and retrace my steps back, past the creepy old man at the reception desk and back in front of Room 19.

I jam my key into the door and let myself in quietly, the room still smells of the same stale mould but I can now smell a hint of Lily's perfume.  The lights are lit in a dull manner, the curtains acting as a shield against the grimy windows, a figure is en-laced in the curtains, legs peeking beneath them. I let the door slam slightly, the lock clicking into place. Lily's head snaps back fiercely, her eyes red and puffy, I can sense her anger from here. She scrunches her hands into small fists and storms over to me.

"Where the hell have you been?!", She approaches me furiously, her eyes looking up at me, head slightly tilted up because of the height difference.

"Out", I state - I mean I can't exactly tell her I was out punching walls and having a Footloose moment. 

"Jason, stop that, for god sake this isn't some cutesie love story. I am being deadly serious what were you doing? It's 2 in the morning, you have been away for hours?!", she asks now folding her arms and inching back a bit.

I bite my cheek, "Can you just chill out? I was just out okay? If it isn't a cutesie love story why are you getting so worked up?",  I begin taking my jacket off and shake the sweat off of my hair.

She purses her lips out of fury, "Yeah, you know what you are so right! I mean, it's not like we are on the run from a bunch of unknown psycho killers - two which by the way I nearly killed MYSELF! You are the only person I have just now - and you can't possibly wrap your head around the idea why I may have been worried? Worried that you know, maybe, just maybe something could have happened to you? I do NOT need to be in love with you to care for god sake", she raises her voice slightly, he voice breaking as she talks.