12. O.M.W

(Omw -> On my way!)

Lily's POV

I didn't have a second to think about what was going to happen or what was happening. Before I was aware of what I was doing, I grabbed a night bag and chucked in a a few pairs of clothes and some essentials. I ran to my mom and dad's bedroom, and it felt weird...I hadn't been in there because it brought back so many memories of my mom, but I didn't think about it. I ran towards the chest of drawers and heaved it away from the wall, exposing the built in safe. I circled the dial to the combination; 0917 - click.

There was piles of 'emergency' cash, there must've been about $20K but I knew that if I took that much that would be extreme. But then again, who knows how long this run away will be for. I grab a couple of piles before thinking again. I shove them into a plastic wallet and bury them in my bag, trying to do my best in disguising it.

I run back through to my bedroom, and an anxious Jason is perched on the edge of my bed. His forefingers massaging his temples violently, his eyes flicker and directs his attention to me. He gives his eyes a swipe, which indicated he had been crying prior to me returning to the room. He tries to hide it, but his cheeks are blotchy and his eyes remain glossy. I knew we didn't have much time, well I mean, you did hear the urgency.

Nonetheless, I awkwardly walk over to him. "Are you alright?", I ask whilst bring my lip and sitting beside him.

"No I'm not okay", he snaps.

"Look, I know how you-", I begin but I am cut off with Jason's snarling.

"Don't dare patronise me and pretend you know how I am feeling, I can go to prison, Lily. I won't survive in prison!". His eyes bulge out of his head with fury, but I'm not scared. I guess, I'm still numb.

"You're right, I couldn't possibly know how it must feel to be framed for something like this and having the fact that you may be arrested and imprisoned lingering over me. But I know that it's been so difficult recently for the both of us. We are both wanted by someone. And right now, as much as you hate the sound of my voice, we need to get out of here. Okay?!", I softly state trying to calm him down, after all the last thing we need is a confrontation.

Jason lets a sigh slide through his peach coloured lips and flutters his eyes closed before standing up and asking me, "Have you got everything you'll need?".

"Well, in this situation, I'm actually a first timer so I wouldn't know what to bring...abut I guess", I try to break the awkward ice.

"Leave your phone and laptop behind, we don't want traced. The police will issue a search for me in no time, and we can't risk being caught", he states very bluntly.

I make sure I turn off any electronics that are plugged in to avoid the house getting burned down. Just before we leave I write a quick note explaining to Dad that something serious is happening and I will call as soon as possible. Not that he would care anyway, I mean if he did why would he have left me? And it doesn't matter that I'm not close with him because this is when he should be making the effort to draw close to me for the first time in my life. I've been so damn neglected and I'm sick of being alone all the time. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there's nothing that equals to parental love. And I've missed out on it, even from my mom. She was hardly around too.

I knew my mom was trying her hardest to be 'Mother Of The Year', I tried to go along with it but there's only so much you can do to pretend you're happy. It's always been hard bottling up my emotions when it comes to my parents, I guess I just wanted things that other kids got. My parents didn't care enough to ground me or punish me. It's weird but I wanted the normal stuff like that. But I never got it...

Jason snaps me out of my thoughts; "Okay. So we'll take your Dads rover?", he furrows his eyebrows.

"Well we are definitely not taking his Mercedes or Bentley", I snort. Obviously we will take the least expensive car.

Jason rolls his eyes as he senses my annoyance. I chuck my bag in the back.

Jason starts the engine up and here we are. Jason & Lily, on the run. My mind is still spinning, the only thing i want is to wake up and realise that this is just a dream. Another dream.

----
A/N

Updating soon. Sorry for the wait!

-Awritersplanet X