Chapter 10

-Sammy-

"Samantha,wakeup we're here."My mother said as she was shaking me .

"Are we in New York ?"I said as I yawned.

"Yes.We should get off the plane now.We have an appointment with the producer."She said,standing from her seat and taking out our carryons.

...

We stopped by an apartment my dad said he paid for via the internet.

I opened the door of the apartment and stood in awe.

"Close your mouth darling,we still have an appointment."My mum said as she left all her luggages on the floor.

I did the same.

We went down and took a cab.

I could not believe I was riding a yellow cab in New York.

We got to The 'Broadway' theater.

There were a lot of other people in the theater.There was a middle aged lady who greeted us,not to pleasantly.

"Name ?" 

"Sa-"my mum started "Allison Davis"I cut her off

My mother just nodded

"Role ?"

"Liesl Von Trapp"

"Third row to the front,left of the producers and writer."

My mother left me inside.She had to stay outside.

As I took my seat,I thought to myself how lucky I was.One shot of my videotape gave me an opportunity to be on Broadway.I was really,really,REALLY LUCKY.

One by one a girl disappears from her seat and has gone onstage.They were asked some few questions.They were also asked to act out one scene,and sing the first verse of 16 going 17

I could do this.It did not seem to hard,but one thing.My hands won't stop shaking.My stubborn hands won't stop moving.

"Miss Davis,come with me.Your next."The middle aged woman called

I was lead backstage.Here came the shakes.

"NEXT !" that's my cue.

Then I saw the last girl who came from stage,in tears.

Oh no...

"Miss ?..." the old man with salt and pepper hair asked.

"Davis. 

"Is it a screen name ?"  

"Yes." 

"If that's so,you need to change your appearance.Hair,eyes,and lose the accent ...everything...If you get the part.

I nodded in excitement

"Ok now your script is right there in front of you."

It was on the floor to be exact.

"Now act scene 15."

...

All girls who auditioned for the part was asked to stand onstage.I had my fingers crossed.

"Miss Knight,step forward." 

"Miss Davis,step forward." 

"The rest you may go."

A large number of sobs echoed in the room.

I held the hand of the actress Miss Knight as the fear of leaving the sound of music was there.

"Miss Knight..."

Okay.Goodbye New York.Goodbye dreams.Goodbye hope...

"...you may go.Miss Davis,your the now part of the Von Trapp Family.You both may go."

and with that I felt all weightless.A feeling of happiness,and a bit of sadness.I was sad I was not really going to see Cheshire in a long time...Ha who was I fooling ?! I was sad because I still love Harry.

As soon as I got out the theater,me and my mum went back to the apartment.We unpacked.

My room was quite small,but good enough.It was not anything close to my room back in Cheshire.All what was in the room was a small but good enough bed,two night stands and a chest,by the bottom of the bed.I started off unpacking.I pulled in my things.I opened my first luggage and I was greeted by my 'white dream dress' and my photo with Harry.I could not help but smile at the picture.It just seemed like back then,nothing made me any happier,but Harry,and Harry only...well him and my dad.

...

I finished packing and went back to my journal.I wrote a letter to Harry.Some letter he will never see,and will never see.It went something like this...

Dear Harold

Here I am at New York,miles from where you are.I hope you are safe,and I know your wondering,why I left.I left because I was a coward.I was a coward of letting you down,and letting go of what we had.You might think that was the most unreasonable excuse ever,but you're not me to understand what I'm going through .I might not be there,and you may not remember me by the time I get there,which seems to be impossible,but I assure you that I'll never forget you.You held my heart without even knowing so.Goodbye Harold.

Just so you know...I will always love you.

-Sammy

When I finished,I took my 'dream dress' and journal,and placed it in the chest.Somewhere my mother would never look.