Chapter 20

POV: Ian

"Dude, I didn't mean to!"

Anthony rolled his eyes, "You crushed her when you said that. I heard you talking to her before, you said he doesn't blame her. You had her believing you, till you said that."

"But it just slipped out! I needed to say something to get to her! And apparently that's what my brain had in mind!"

"Ian, I can't help you with this one, this is all on you. I'm on her good side right now, she needs someone on her good side. so she doesn't run off like before."

"Dude, those people are in jail! What could possibly happen?!"

He shook his head, "You don't get it. She could get lost. Or someone else could kidnap her."

I sighed and sat down, Ally walking into the room when I did. She was dressed already, without the Batman doll.....strange.

She looked at me, "Can I have your phone? I want to go for a walk."

I didn't move, "This early?"

She nodded, "Yea, when it's still cool."

I noticed that she had a book bag with her.....why?

"What's in the book bag?"

Her expression didn't change, she either practiced lying or is telling the truth, "My Batman....I don't want to drop it and lose it."

I nodded slowly, looking up at Anthony. He nodded and I gave her my phone, "Be back in two hours."

She didn't reply, she just walked to the door and out of it.

POV: Ally

I'm going to need more than two hours.

That was an amazing lie. Telling them I only had the Batman doll. But, to be honest, this bag is filled with food and stuff for me to survive in that empty house we passed, when I was kidnaped.

I had this bag packed two days ago. I knew something was going to happen, but I didn't know it was going to be that bad.

I arrived at the house and studied it. It didn't look too bad for an abandoned house. Nothing was falling apart and to my surprise, the door was unlocked.

I smiled and walked in, seeing as the place looks nice and clean. The abandonment probably wasn't too long ago, that's why it's clean.

I checked the lights, they turned on. Power! I walked into the kitchen and saw it filled with food, I checked the date on them all, they were good. I smiled and walked into the living room, plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV, which worked also.

I smiled even wider and pulled out my Batman doll from the bag, "Welcome Home Josh. We won't be leaving for a while."

~~Time Skip~~

POV: Ian

"Where is she? She should be back by now! Actually, she should have been back thirty minutes ago!"

I was pacing the living room, waiting for Ally. An Ally that didn't return when we told her to.

"Ian, calm down, she probably just lost track of time."

I stopped pacing and sighed, "Yea, she doesn't really know how to keep track....just wait another hour maybe...right?"

Anthony nodded and I sat down next to him, glancing at the clock ever so often.

Please be ok.

~~Time Skip~~

"That's it Anthony, I'm calling the cops."

I waited an hour and she wasn't back. I told him that was all I would wait, and I did. So now we're going to go out there and find her, wherever she is.....

~~Time Skip~~

POV: Ally

I heard sirens outside and looked out, there were cops walking up to the door.

I gasped and packed up the doll, turning off the TV and running out her back door, hoping not to be seen.

"Over there!"

I huffed, of course I'd be seen.

I stopped and sighed, turning to the cops. I knew I couldn't outrun them, it's just not possible.

They grabbed my arm, "Come on kid, you're going home."

Home....I thought home was supposed to be a place where you don't run away....

He stuffed me in the back of the car and started driving towards the house....great.

~~Time Skip~~

I walked in and went to Ian and Anthony, "The cop wants to talk to you."

They nodded and ran out the door, closing it behind them. Me, being as curious as I am, went to the window and started listening.

The cop sighed, "That's the second time something happened to that child...."

Ian looked down, "I'm sorry sir, it won't happen again."

"Yes, because we'll make sure of it."

I looked at the officer, along with Ian and Anthony, "What?"

"I'm sorry guys, but....we're going to have to take her back to the orphanage....until you guys are suitable parents."

WHAT?! NO NO NO! I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN! I JUST NEEDED TO GET AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS!

I ran out the door and hugged Ian, grabbing Anthony's arm, "NO, PLEASE! I JUST WANTED TO GET AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS! I WAS GOING TO COME BACK!"

"I'm sorry Ally, it's the rules."

"PLEASE OFFICER! THE KIDNAPPING WASN'T THEIR FAULT! PLEASE, I LOVE IT HERE!"

The officer knelt down and out his hands on my shoulders, "You can come back if you aren't adopted or when they are suitable parents....which shouldn't take that long, if they want you back."

I looked up at Ian and Anthony who were crying, they couldn't even look at me.

I wrapped my arms around Ian, "Please, say something."

"I'm sorry Ally.....go pack."

I gasped, "No, please."

He unhooked my arms and took me inside, closing the door. He then bursted out in sobs and clutched onto me, "Ally, I'm so sorry!"

I hugged him back, "Please come back for me! Promise me you will!"

He sniffed and pulled back, holding out his pinky, which I intertwined mine with...

"I pinky promise."

HEY!

That's not the end, there is still one more chapter! I'm so sorry, but there will most definitely be a sequel! After the last chapter is posted, I'll let you guys know when I post the sequel!

But anyways, I'll howl at you later, my pack!🐺