Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I spent the whole lesson laughing and chatting away with Lola and Tash. They would have to be the nicest people I have ever met. I don't get why they think they are losers? There really fun to hang out with.

This coming from a girl who doesn't like to hang out with other people much.

So much for not trying to make friends.....

I'm sad that I'll only end up leaving them at the end of this year. But they don't need to know that. I started packing away my stuff as the bell rang. My stomach was starting to have a conversation with me.

It was hungry.

"Uh! I am so starving that I think I could eat a whole donkey!" Tash grumbled while patting her tummy.

"I am never taking you to a petting zoo then," I said faking horror.

"You know I actually went with her to a petting zoo once. And I swear she licked her lips when she saw the donkeys," Lola managed to say through her laughter. We both turned to Tash putting concerned facial expressions on.

"I did not!" Lola and I both looked at each other and burst out laughing at her little outburst.

"Let's just get to the cafeteria shall we?" I said pointing to my left.

They both nodded their agreements . I started walking towards the cafeteria when, "Um....Kat?"

Said Tash. "Yes?" I said turning my head to look at them.

"The cafeterias this way."

Swinging around I pointed in the direction that was the correct way to the cafeteria and started marching passed my two friends. I could here them both laughing as they followed behind me. As we neared the doors to the cafeteria I noticed that I couldn't here Tash and Lola's footsteps anymore.

I turned around to see them both just standing in the middle of the hall way with small scared expressions on their faces. "Uh.. We've gotta go to the bathroom. We'll meet you in there later. Ok? Bye!" Tash said all but dashing off.

Well that was weird.

I guess I'll just go get my lunch and find at table for us to sit at once they get back from the bathrooms. Fixing up my grey jumper and tugging my scarf down a bit. I opened the double doors.

They made and eery squeaking noise loud enough to be heard all the way from Mexico. All the talking stopped as their attention snapped to me.

Why did I have to be the new girl?

Pretending that I didn't notice that they were all gawking at me. I took out my iPod and put in my earphones. Switching to the song, 'like it hers birthday,' by Good Charlotte. I went and stood in the line. Peeking around the guy in front of me I saw that pretty much everything looked unappetising or not edible.

Damn! Why did I give that secretary my apple!

"What would you like to eat?" Said the lady working the food line.

Scrunching my eyebrows in concentration. I looked at her teeth. Black smudges of what appeared to be flies were stuck to her teeth.

Gross!

I shook my head slightly and focused instead on the food selection. Or lack of.

"Could I just get...." But before I could finish my sentence she picked up a tray and slopped on some rotten smelling mash of some kind. I gulped down the sickness I felt and just smiled.

"Thanks?"

Turning around I found that thankfully everyone had gone back to their conversations. Looking around I saw that there was clearly distinguished tables for certain people. Jocks, druggies, the bitches, cheerleaders, goths and nerds. There was only one table left up the very back. Which was completely empty.