Chapter 12

Kat's POV

I sat crouched down on top of the buildings ledge as I waited for the action to start. The nights ice cold winds seeping into my bones.

Well this is boring! I couldn't help but think to myself.

Slightly irritated now, I plunked my butt down on the stone ledge. Leaning backwards slightly on my hands, I relaxed and strecthed my legs out in front of me.

May as well get comfy.

At the moment it looked like this was going to be a LONG night for me. But no matter how much I want to just jump off this ledge and end my misery, I had to wait. Unfortunately being a thief involves a lot of waiting. And waiting, and waiting, a little more waiting, and when you think you've just done all the waiting........ There's more WAITING!

Today's waiting menu for me consists on WAITING for a bunch of deadly gangsters and some street fighters, desperate for the money being gambled on tonight.

Well they sure are taking there damn time!

Grrrr! I winced as my tommy gurgled. "Don't worry, Mommy will make you some Mac and Cheese when we get home," I soothed, patting my flat stomach. Those crimminals better be stuck in traffic. Cause if I find out that they stopped for a happy meal, they won't be so happy anymore after I eat them all.

And trust me.... I'm not kidding.

Once on a heist in Mexico, I actually threatened a guard that I was gonna chew his toes off, if he didn't give me the sandwhich he was eating.

"Hey Tommy! Get warmed up. We can't afford to loose this fight tonight. And if you do..... I won't hesitate to put a bullet threw your skull." Forgetting all thoughts, I went dead silent and crouched back into position.

Peering down into the dark ally way, I watched with interest. There were four of them. One was tall, lean and lanky looking with pitch black hair, falling into his matching black eyes. Another man stood next to  his right but much older. With greying black hair and a small goatee on his chin, looking to be about his late forties. Looking closer I realised that the men both looked exactly a like with the same facial features.

They were most likely father and son.

Switching my gaze towards the man.... Tommy? I scanned his face. A long, thin, pink scar ran along his strong jaw line, ending underneath his chin. Stormy grey eyes peared out from under a light brown mop of hair.

He sure don't look like no Tommy.

He's more of a.... a....... Killer or Shredder looking guy.

He scared me.

There was just something in his eyes that warned me away from him. He would most likely be my biggest problem  tonight. Especailly since he's a trained fighter.

Putting a side the question of how I was going to deal with him, I focused onto  the man who had spoken. A tall, overly muscled guy stood there. A black inked tattoo peaked out from under his shirts color, on the side of his neck. But the one thing that grabbed my attention was his big, shiny, glowing....... bald head.

I decided I was going to name him egghead.

What?! It really suited him if you asked me.

Scanning  the surroundings I checked for things I could use to my advantage. The ally way was now lit by an old fashioned lantern.

Huh. I wonder were they would have bought one of those?

As the wheels in my head slowly churned, a plan started to form together. Right. Now all I need to do is wait for these other guys to arrive and jump in when someone flashes the cash.