Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Kat's POV

Cough. Cough. Cough. Sneeze. Sneeze. Cough. Friggin. Sneeze.

That's all I've been hearing for the past five hours. And the worst part of all......... I was the one doing  the friggin coughing and sneezing.

Yep! You guessed it.

I'm sick.

Stupid canoe. Stupid lake. Stupid cold water. Stupid Reef.

I blamed HIM for our capsizing. I mean...... Why did he lean in all of a sudden? I bet he planned the whole thing on purpose. Distract me with pretty glowing fire flies and a romantic setting, while he looks into my eyes and then casually starts to lean in.

God he's  diabolical!

And such an elaborate evil scheme!

I will swear my revenge.' Achoooo!'

You know....... once I get rid of this cold. Ripping a tissue from the box beside my bed, I wiped my pink tinged nose. Coughing again, I grimaced at the wet sound. "Yuck! Being sick is so gross..." I mumbled.

I can't remember the last time I was this sick. Actually...... I don't think I've ever been this sick. Pouting, I angrily tossed the grotty tissue into the bin, that was also beside my bed. Snuggling down back inside my doona covers, I closed my eyes, irritated.

"Kat?" Came Tash's hesitant voice.

Sighing, I replied, "Yea?"

"Lola and I are leaving now to go do the next challenge. Do you need anything? Water, food, extra pillows?' She asked, worry lacing her voice.

I groaned out a 'No.' "What I need is my health back..... and for Channing Tatom to finally notice that I'm his missing princess."

I cracked an eye open, at Lola snorting, "Yea. Right. Honey, all females have been hoping that his fine ass sweeps them off their feet for a LONG time." I  just stared at my friend, as she stood their with a bag of popcorn in her hands. Her pinkish, red streaks glinting in the sunlight from my open window.

"Where'd you get the popcorn?"

She stopped chewing and looked down at the bag. "Um..... Nowhere?"

Raising my eyebrows, I gave her a disbelieving look. "Can I have some?"

She pouted as she quickly snatched the popcorn far away from my reach. "MY PRECIOUS!"

I raised my hands in defence, "Whoa! Calm down. I won't go near your 'Precious.'" She smiled and started eating her popcorn again. Ok. Taking note from that..... I will never ask Lola for food again. It's her baby. I bet if she had a an actual baby in real life, it would be made of fairy floss. Granted she doesn't eat it. She LOVES that shiz.

"Anyway....." Tash continued, "Were leaving. Bye Kat! Hope you feel better later."

"Bye!" Lola chorused as Tash practically shoved her out the cabins door. Sigh. I was gonna miss them, while I'm busy hacking up flem.

Grabbing my pillow, I shoved it on top of my face. Maybe I could suffocate this cold from my body. I screamed into it's fluffiness. I missed my Dad and the twins. If they were here with me, they would be comforting me. Dad would make me a bowl steaming hot Mac and Cheese, while the twins showed me YouTube videos of random people doing epic fails at gymnastics.

That always cheered me up. It gave me comfort seeing people attempt to do the things that only I can do. And some other fancy pants gymnasts that have glittery leotards stuck up their butts.