Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I walked into my Dad's 'shop' to find him and my brothers stacking boxes full of jewellery.

"Hey what are you doing? It's my turn to take the diamonds to the truck!"

"No it's my turn. You did it last time remember? You took the diamonds out to the truck, while I was chatting up that hot blonde Brittany." Said Joel.

"Oh yea..... I remember.... wait a minute.... I was the one that chatted up Brittany you idiot!" Shouted Hale.

"Well not to her you were."

"Are you saying that you are the reason why I wasn't getting her calls?" asked Hale.

Joel only winked and smiled while picking up the box of diamonds, making his way slowly to the truck.

I mentally rolled my eyes. Only my brothers would argue over carrying a box diamonds to a truck. Tugging on the strap of my bag I made my way over to Hale.

"Sometimes I swear we aren't related."

"Yea I have no idea how someone as sexy as me could be related to something as ugly as you." retorted Hale.

"You do realise that you just called Joel sexy right? I mean with you two being twins and all."

As I slid my sunnies off my head I watched Hale cringe as his face screwed up in disgust. "Yea but Joel and I are different. You know how some twins have different personalities?" I nodded, not exactly sure where this was going.  "Well with us its the same thing but with looks. I'm the irresistibly sexy one and Joel's the Grotesquely Fugly one."

I snorted a laugh as I walked over to the counter, dropping my bag and skateboard behind it.

"Hey did I just hear you call me Grotesquely Fugly?" Asked Joel as he strolled back into the 'shop'.

"Pfft..... No?" denied Hale.

Shaking my head laughing, I waved my hand signalling goodbye before stalking round to the back of the 'shop'.  Knowing my Dad he would be taking inventory of the statues and making sure that they were in good condition before we put them on the market.

You would think that the cops would have figured it out by now that we were the ones responsible for stealing everything. But no. All we've had to do is play innocence and lie our butts off that we had built replicas of famous objects. They never batted an eyelash after that.

Turning the corner I found my Dad doing exactly as I thought he would be doing. There he stood with a pen and clipboard in hand, scrunching his face up staring at the group of statues.

"I thought you would have done that while I was at school?"

Startled he jumped turning around he faced me, a smile replacing his concentration face.

"I would have if it wasn't for the phone call I got," he said.

"What phone call?" I asked now curious.

"The phone call were I had to organise a dinner to settle this deal with the statues."

I only nodded my head in thought. "What's this mans name?"

"Mr.Madden." When he said that, a little bell sounded in my head. I recognised that name from somewhere but I just couldn't remember where from.

"Ok. So is there anything else that you wanted to talk to me about? Cause if not I would like to start getting home to work on my gymnastics."

"Uh.... there is just one more thing." A slow smile started to work its way onto his face. I just raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue. "Would you like to go and do your first solo heist tonight?"