Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Reef's POV

It's official.

I am a officially bored.

I'm sitting at a dining table with some guy that my Dad is making a deal with. I arrived at this strangers house about half an hour ago and all they've talked about is statues.

I mean seriously what's so interesting about statues?

The only reason I came to this stupid dinner was because my Dad wanted me to have a look at the statues he is going to buy from this guy. In other words.

My Dad just wanted me here to keep me out of trouble.

As I sat there I studied the strange man. He was tall. I could tell by the way he had to slightly slouch just eat his food. Dark, wavy, chocolate brown locks sat on top of his head. A honey toned tan covered his strong jaw and sharp facial features. He wore a navy blue suit that seemed to be very restricting. Every time he moved you could see his arm muscles contract.

I mean seriously it doesn't take a genius to know that this guy was built like a brick house full of muscle. And is someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

I let out a bored sigh as I looked back down at my plate and took another bite of....... Mac and Cheese?

Well whatever it is it tasted good!

"So Reef, Do you play any sports?" asked the stranger.

I almost bust into laughter right then and there. "No Sir I don't do sports. Unless you count Street fighting a sport." I looked up at his face to see his reaction, already knowing my Dad wore a frown on his face. Let's just say....... My Dad doesn't exactly approve of what I do in my spare time.

He wants me to be a successful business man when I grow up. But being my stubborn self I refused.

Shock coursed through me to see the guy actually smiling. And not just a fake smile. A real genuine smile. Filled with a bit of....... mischief?

"As a matter of fact I do count street fighting as a sport." I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Before I could ask any questions he continued, "As a young boy growing up in a harsh neighbourhood I had to learn to protect myself and my family. I practiced every afternoon into the late hours of the night. When I turned fifteen my father past away and my mother soon fell ill. For money I entered street fighting competitions."

I stared in open amazement and awe at this man who has endured quite a lot. All I felt at that moment was inspiration to become like this man. I was just about to ask him a question when my father cut me off saying, "So do you know when your daughter should be getting home?"

My ears perked up at hearing this. I never knew he had a daughter. Leaning in I listened closely at this new topic.

"Uh...... To be honest I actually have no idea when she will be getting home. Her.... umm....... training doesn't normally......... umm...... take this long." At this a worry line marked his forehead.

"Training? What does your daughter train for exactly?" I asked out of plain curiosity.

"Umm........ She does..... gymnastics training!" He seemed to take time with his answer. Almost as if he was trying to hide something.

"Wow! So your daughter does gymnastics? I cant wait to meet the girl. What's her name?" My Dad asked looking genuinely interested.

I wish he would be more interested in me like that.

"Kat. Her names Kat."

What a strange name. I wonder why her parents would call her that. "Is it short for Katherine?" I asked thinking that maybe it was just a nickname for her.

" No its just Kat."

Unusual. But I must admit, that is a pretty cool name.

"What else does Kat like?" I asked.

He looked wary and cautious before he answered, "Well... she works with me at my store, likes to read books, she is studying........ criminology and is training to become a jeweller."

I wonder what she looks like?

My questioning thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of the mans voice.

Man! I really need to start asking people for their names when we meet.

"Hey Kat! I was wondering when you would arrive home from Gymnastics."

I jumped a little in my seat as I saw a small petite figure standing in the doorway.

When did she get there?

My gaze wandered from her bare feet to her black trackies and grey hoodie which covered her head. My breathing hitched as I found myself staring into the most Shockingly beautiful eyes I have ever seen.

They were a glowing lime green and seemed to sparkle like emeralds. A mischievous twinkle in her eye told me that she was someone who caused trouble, was adventurous and yet seemed to have a knowing look of someone who has experienced great sorrow.

Soft facial features managed to highlight her high cheekbones and sculpted her face to look like it belonged to a model.

"Kat so nice to finally meet you. Your Dad has been telling us a lot about you. Uh...... Kat this is my son Reef."

My familiar smirk slipped onto my face as I walked over to her. Close up I could now see that she had flakes of gold in her eyes as well. Offering her my outstretched hand I frowned a little when she just stared at it.

"So instead of calling my number 1800 Kiss my ass......... you decided to stalk me and actually... Kiss my ass?" Her very familiar sarcastic voice said.

She looked up at me and pulled off her hood to let also very familiar Dark, chocolate brown waves cascade down her shoulders.

No F!*king way.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Authors Note:

Hey! Surprise, surprise Reef POV!!!

Hoped you liked this chapter that I posted really early for you guys!!

Please Vote and Please, Please, please Comment!

I lov hearing feedback from you guys!

I put three pleases there. Respect the pleases that's all I'm saying.

until next time peace out!