Chapter 23

Authors note:

Hey! The next chapter is up!!

Hope u guys all like this chapter;)

By the way..... This chappie starts right from when Kat wakes up.

Enjoy!!!! :)

Chapter 23

Kat's POV

You can't run.

You can't hide.

I will ALWAYS find you!

Those were the thoughts that echoed through my head. They just kept replaying over and over, like a broken record. I couldn't see anything but a pitch black, endless, abyss. Old memories of happiness resurfacing, only to turn into my worst nightmares.

And it all started when I was had just turned four......

- Memory -

"Happy Birthday Kat!" My family cheered.

I giggled and smiled brightly at them all. I was happy. Running on my tiny feet, I jumped into my Daddy's arms. He laughed and heaved me up onto his shoulder. "Oof! You starting to get too big for your old man!"

I pouted, "No I'm not." I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you calling me chubby?"

He chuckled, his deep laugh and kissed my cheek, "Of course not Kitty Kat."

I smiled at him and poked his cheek, causing his smile to widen. When I went to go poke him again, he quickly grabbed my hand shook on one of my piggy-tails. "Hey!" I squealed as he swung me around and started to tickle me. All you could here was my childish squeals of delight echoing round the backyard.

"What are you doing to my lovely granddaughter?"

Opening my bright, green eyes, I squealed. Racing out off my Dad's arms, I tackled My Granny's legs with a hug. "Granny!"

She chuckled and kissed the top of my head, "Kat! Oh, how I've missed my partner in crime!"

Granny and I always play pranks on the rest of the family when we're together and were closer than anything in the whole world. Taking my arms she said, "Now let me look at you."

I wore a pink sun dress and sandals to match. I smiled at her with warmth, as she swept her gaze over me with a critical eye. She smiled, "Well, don't you look like the grown up four year old you are! I hope your not too old enough to play pranks with your dear old Granny?" I shook my head vigorously and she laughed.

"Mother! I hope your not teaching my little Kitten any nasty tricks again?"

At the sound of my Mothers voice I turned and smiled. "Mummy!" I squealed and ran into her arms. Showing her beauty too it's full glory, she smiled. Eagerly she wrapped me in her arms and kissed my forehead. "Why hello my gorgeous angel!"

I played with her diamond necklace as she spoke with Granny. It's weird though, she doesn't call her Granny like the rest of us. But I guess she wouldn't since Granny's her mum. I stared in awe at my mum with her shining blonde hair, sparkling green eyes and flawless skin.

Someday I wish to look just like her. All the woman in my family were beautiful. My Mother came from wealth while Dad came from the poor side of town. The perfect fairy tale. Mother always wore the latest clothes, jewellery and did all the fancy stuff. Shopping was her favourite thing to do, as well as my sister Marley's.

She's nine years old. We were pretty close. Kind of.....

My Mother and sister are so much a like that they could be sisters. I snapped out of my daze, as Mother put me down. Seeing Marley, I ran over to her. She frowned at me as I came up beside her.