Chapter Eight

(Keely's P.O.V) -Recap-

"No I do not have a throat problem, but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?"

I stood there frozen, unable to believe what had just came out of his mouth. I'm only a sophomore, I haven't had my first kiss yet or a boyfriend at that, what did he want with me. Maybe this is a joke, what if he is just teasing me. My heart broke at the thought if him not wanting me and only using me for something as stupid as a dare. My eyes began to sting, what is wrong with me. I have never felt this way before, I need to stop this now. Before my tears were able to fall a let out a strangles chuckle.

"Haha, that was a good one, I uh I... I have to go." With that I left quickly making my way out the door letting my tears finally fall. What's wrong with me, I must be in my period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Avery's P.O.V)

Her eyes held hurt and my heart began to ache at the thought of me causing her pain. Why was she hurt, wouldn't she be happy that I want her? She turned around and walked out of the cafeteria, not giving me a second look. I began to whimper and Nathan was soon at my side trying to make me feel better. He would say that she was just scared, but my wolf would say that she was scared of me. My sadness turned to anger an I began shaking violently. Why won't she accept us. Are we not good enough for her?

'Logan, why is she doing this? What wrong with us?'

'I don't know she seem happy when I was with her in her dreams but why isn't she happy anymore?'

'I don't know go back tonight and talk to her. I need her, we need her!'

"Avery, go for a run and clear your head. We will figure everything out." said Nathan bringing me out of my thoughts. A run sounds good. I ran out of the cafeteria and out the front entrance into the woods without a second thought.

(Jake's P.O.V)

After Keely left I quickly ran after her trying not to cause that much attention. I can't believe she rejected him, what was she thinking. Maybe she has a reason, there has to be a reason.

I found Keely at her locker. Tears were running down her cheeks. I felt hurt and sad, she is my friend and my luna. She should never cry, never.

"Keely!" I called. She turned around and her eyes met mines.

"I'm sorry, tell him I said sorry. I-I didn't mean to..." She started sobbing so I quickly took her into my arms and tried to comfort her. "Why did you say no? You don't have to be sorry, hopefully he will get over it soon."

"I was scared to say yes. What if it's just a joke and he doesn't really like me. I don't want to get hurt." Oh so she was scared. She didn't mean to reject him.

"Trust me Keely. He likes you and if you give him a chance, you will see how important you are to him. Ok?"

She looked up from my chest and took a deep breath. "Ok. But I don't even know him, I kind of feel stupid for acting so dramatic over someone I don't even know."

"Nah it's fine, do whatever you feel comfortable with. Just don't push him away, try getting to know him." I said reassuringly.

I looked down at my watch then quickly looked back up with a surprised expression lunch finished like half an hour ago. "What's wrong?" Keely asked as she noticed my surprised expression. "Lunch finished half an hour ago. I didn't even hear the bell go off." I replied. I watched as Keely's eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped open. She looked quiet hilarious but it didn't seem like the right time to burst into laughter. "What!" She yelled. "I-I can't be late for class. I can't walk into class now though. What am I going to do?" She started ranting, but I couldn't help but laugh. She looked so cute, Avery is lucky to have her as a mate.