Chapter 22

The next morning Harry was eyeing at his reflection on the big, body length mirror on the wall on the upstairs hallway.

Fourth outfit he tried on was a dark green flannel shirt with blue, always skinny jeans. The reflection didn't really please Harry.

Maybe black jeans.

"That shirt looks good on you." Louis complimented the curly. He was leaning against Harry's door frame, still looking sleepy. His morning voice was raspy and the hair was a complete mess.

"You think?" Harry looked down at the flannel, "Is it too, you know, lazy looking?"

Louis chuckled, "What? No. Are you going to meet the Queen or something?"

Harry shook his head and walked into his room, past Louis. "Just going for a coffee with Connor."

"Oh." Louis rubbed his eyes, "Then why does it matyer what you're wearing? Is IG because he wears those posh, silky button-ups and is American?"

Harry frowned and glanced at Louis, "No, silly. I just don't wanna go to town looking like trash." He pulled black skinnies from the drawer.

"You never look like trash."

Harry's phone buzzed on the bedside table. Harry practically attacked it and read the text that was from Connor;

Would you like to go for lunch instead of coffee? My treat x

Louis glared at Harry grinning at his phone and typing rapidly. He couldn't help but feel a ball of jealousy on the bottom of his stomach, knowing that it was most likely Connor's text he was smiling at.

"What is it?" Louis nearly snapped.

Harry looked up, "I'm having a lunch with Connor instead of coffee. Do you think black jeans would match the shirt better than blue?"

"Sure." Louis said and stomped downstairs to grab something to drink.

Lunch with Connor, eh? It sounded more like a date to Louis. And yes, he was jealous of Connor. They might be just friends - they better be - but no one else but Louis should be taking Harry out for a meal.

Louis drank straight from the orange juice bottle, not caring that Anne wouldn't be fond of the idea of her drinking that juice after him. Then he grabbed the mini-package of Coco Pops and poured it into a small bowl, adding some milk. He walked into the living room as if he owned the house and switched the TV on.

~

Harry took long steps towards the new fish restaurant in downtown. He was already late, choosing the right outfit took him ages. He wore the green flannel after all, with grey skinnies and black Converse. It was now 3:17pm, and he had agreed on meeting Connor at three.

"Hi," Harry nearly panted and gave Connor a hug as he reached the restaurant. "Sorry I'm late... had a struggle deciding on what I should wear." Harry explained, slightly embarrassed.

"It's fine. You look gorgeous." Connor complimented and the two stepped inside the old building that was renovated into a seafood restaurant. Harry let Connor choose a table and they grabbed menus, sitting down on the table in front of a window, with a bundle of daisies on the window ledge.

The table had a blue-white striped tablecloth, and had a small lantern on it. The place smelled like a scented candle, with a hint of vanilla and orange. The chairs had light blue pillows on them and the restaurant was real cozy and kind of cute, in Harry's opinion.

"What are you going to order?" Connor asked, eyeing his menu. He looked good as well, he wore a dark blue button up with white anchors printed on it. Harry wondered if he had chosen that exact shirt on purpose, because it matched the place so well.