Chapter 6

A sledgehammer. That's it.

It felt like someone was banging Louis' head with a sledgehammer. A God damn big one. To be exact; his whole body hurted like it was on fire or something and Louis had no idea why.

He opened his eyes, frowning. It was gloomy and it seemed like he was laying underneath something. Louis turned his head to the right, groaning because of the pain in his neck that was caused by the action. He saw his phone next to him. Grabbing it he turned the flashlight on and noticed that it was his tiny desk above him. Louis could still see the frosted letters he had inscribed under the table about a year ago.

'Far away.' It said.

He didn't really know why he had inscibed those specific words there, but he had. Maybe they meant something to him back then, he couldn't remember.

Talking of remembering, last night was a big blur to Louis. He couldn't remember a single thing. The last thing he did remember from that day was looking for a job. That turned up to be quite pointless anyway.

Getting up from under the dusty desk, he glanced around the room, slightly terrified. The sight was quite crazy, to be fair.

His room hadn't been such a mess since he threw a party there last summer. There were pieces of paper everywhere. The small, wonky chair he had was laying next to the door and one of its feet was missing. There was a hole on the wall above the bed, looked like someone had smashed a fist damn hard against it. His blancet and sheets were all over the place and everything that used to be on the desk were thrown around the small room of his.

"What the fuck?" Louis asked himself. He was quite shocked.

Then he saw it.

On the desk, there was a small and empty, see-through bag and Louis was a hundred per cent sure what had been inside it. Before the blur.

"No, no, no. Fuck-" Louis swore, covering his face with his hands. "Why am I such a fucking idiot?!" He screamed to himself, throwing his phone to the floor furiously. "Oh, you fucking shit better get broken too! For fuck's sake!"

Louis rarely was this angry to himself. When he did, he usually had punched someone or broken something. But this was worse than the times he used to shout face covered in a pillow, drink and get high, end up waking up in an unknown place, usually even bleeding and bruised.

Why did he do it? Why?

Louis went to the tiny little kitchen, his mum wasn't home. Maybe she was applying for a job or something. Louis really hoped so because they needed money.

The fridge was empty once again and Louis tummy crawled like crazy which made Louis even more angry and frustrated.

Well, this is fucking awesome.

~

Harry got into his dark grey Toyota and shut the door. He'd finally got his driver's license two weeks before.

It was freezing outside but that didn't bother Harry too much, at least he got to wear his new, big fluffy scarf he bought last week.

Him and Louis were going to search for a job for Louis after school today and Harry was quite excited. He hadn't been out for ages. They were going to a café downtown and taking Harry's laptop with them.

Harry made his way to the school and parked his car in a parking lot beside the building. He saw pupils in 'the smoke corner' next to the parking lot but he could be quite proud and admit that he didn't see Louis there like he always used to.