Chapter 10

A week passed by and yet Harry hasn't heard anything from Louis. It has been a long, lonely week, mostly spent on studying and waiting for Louis to pick up his phone or call back. Louis has been at school on occasion but still avoiding Harry the best he could so Harry didn't get a chance to talk to him. Doesn't Louis want anything to do with Harry because he fancies him? Louis said it was okay and he doesn't think it was wrong, but apparently he didn't mean any of what he said.

Why did he lie?

It was a Monday afternoon and Harry's long and exhausting PE lesson was finally ending. They played football inside - Harry was decent at it - but the whole game was taken over by the lads who played football daily for a hobby, so once again Harry was left out.

"Next week we're going to the gym, bring £5 with you!" The PE teacher, Mr. Woods exclaimed and unlocked the wooden door that led to the dressing room.

Harry was standing beside the door and got practically crushed against the hard stone wall as all the boys from his PE class ran past him.

"Are you okay, Styles?" Mr. Woods asked and held the door open for Harry.

" 'm fine." Harry groaned and stepped into the dressing room now filled with smelly, sweaty boys getting changed. Harry kept his eyes on the floor as he made his way to his locker.

As soon as Harry got his locker opened, Aron - a local footballer jerk who always used way too much gel on his blonde hair - bumped into him, making him trip to the floor and hit his elbow. Glancing up to Aron who didn't even look at him, Harry noticed him holding Harry's brown, worn out boots in his hands. Damn.

"C'mon, Aron. Put them back." Harry sighed, tired of being treated this way all the time.

"Time to wash your faggot shoes, Henry." Aron scoffed and stepped to the sink behind him. "Just to make sure they don't turn into rainbow colour."

"Don't you-" Harry whined, but Aron turned the faucet on and the water was floating on the boots.

"Whatcha gonna do, fag? Did I just ruin your boots?" Aron laughed along the other guys around them and walked away, kicking Harry's foot as he walked by.

Harry sighed, got up from the cold floor and stepped over the sink. He picked up the soaking wet boots and dropped them onto the floor. He was so done with everything. He just wanted to scream out loud and cry but he held it in. He couldn't have a breakdown in front of everyone; that would make things much worse than they already were.

In a moment everyone had left home and Harry was now alone in the dressing room. He leaned over the sink and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He had bags under his eyes and a runny nose. The curls were all over the place and anything he saw didn't please him.

His green eyes were full of tears and one slowly fell down his cheek.

"Why is it always me?!" Harry screamed out loud and collapsed to the floor, hitting his forehead to the sink. Damn, that hurt. "Fuck you as well!" He yelled and let the tears run down his face.

"Why?!" Harry hit his fist to the stone wall. "Why won't anyone accept me? Why won't anyone love me?!" He screamed now weaker and hit the wall one more time, making his knuckle bleed a bit. "Is it so wrong?" He whispered. Trying to calm down he lied himself down on the floor, curling up like a little child. His tears were falling to the cold floor and he was shaking and shivering.

"Why..."

~

Louis stopped by the doorstep, hesitating. Maybe Harry hated him for not answering, for ignoring him completely. Maybe he didn't want to see Louis anymore. Maybe Louis should just go home.