Chapter 1

"Harry, dear! Would you please go to the store to buy some eggs and flour for me? I have to bake a cake for Alice's birthday." Harry's mother yelled from the kitchen. Alice was Anne's best friend, they met in Dublin when they were six and they were really close, almost like sisters.

Harry was in his room, listening to Coldplay while reading a philosophy book by Plato he got from the library a few days ago. It was a rainy Sunday evening, the end of the year, only one and a half weeks left. The past year had been great, Harry had started his last year of the upper seconday school and he was doing great there. The only negative side of the past year was that Harry had been quite lonely. He didn't mind though, he had his books.

"What?" Harry shouted back at his mother, turning the music off.

"Go buy me some eggs and flour, please?" His mother yelled back, clearly frustrated.

Ugh. It was dark and rainy and Harry didn't feel like going outside. He never really went out anyway, he just stayed in his room, studying and reading books. He didn't want his mum to get mad at him either, so he decided to go anyway. The store was about five minutes away anyway, so he'd just do it quick. Harry slowly dragged himself downstairs.

His mum handed over £10. "Buy something for yourself too, if you like."

Harry nodded, taking the money and crabbing his black coat and a red beanie. He stepped outside, feeling the cold evening breeze on his face, and closed the door behind him.

It was quiet out there. Well, everyone's chilling at home on a Sunday evening.

Harry walked down the quiet street. It was raining just a little, making his dark curls slightly wet. It was somehow a bit foggy, which made the view even creepier than it already was. That part of London was always creepy when it got dark. Harry didn't know why but it did. He always got a bit paranoid at places like that.

  He could see people through their windows, watching TV with their families, happily. There was a young couple fighting in one house, yelling at each other. The woman with blonde hair ran out of the house, slamming the door behind her, getting into a black Audi A4 and driving away. The man threw a glass towards a wall furiously, causing it break into a million peaces. He was crying.

Harry kept walking towards the small store he always went to when his mom needed something. It was a walking distance from the Styles' house. Harry's mom knew the owner of the store, Miranda, she was called. She used to babysit Harry until he was eight. Miranda was a lovely lady, always a smile on her face.

Harry turned around the corner and saw two boys leaning against the wall of the store he was heading to. Of course it was Zayn and Louis - Harry was taking some classes with them even though they didn't really show up that often.

And Louis was Harry's ex best friend or whatever.

The two were smoking cigarettes or something, they were really loud and a little extra - they must be high, Harry figured. They took a seat on the bench by the door, Louis was holding a pack of - cookies? Yes, they were the same chocolate chip cookies Harry loved, too. That's quite an interesting combination. Weed and cookies.

Harry decided just to ignore the boys, he wasn't in a mood to talk to them, especially when they were high. He wasn't a fan of them anyway; they were rude and ignorant, the kind of jerks no one really liked.

"Heyyy, Styles. Sup man? Fancy joining us?" Zayn exclaimed to Harry who was opening the door to the tiny store. Louis laughed, lifting up the pack of chocolate chip cookies, a stupid grin on his face.

Harry glanced back, "No thanks." He muttered, entering the store.

Harry almost bumped into Hilary, one of his favourite employees of the store. Hilary was a short, little plump woman with grey, short hair and she was around her seventies. Harry always wondered why she was still working. Maybe she enjoyed her job.

"Oh, hello Harry." Hilary smiled at him, sweetly. "How can I help you tonight?"

"Hi, Hilary. Yeah, Mum is about to bake a cake for her friends' birthday. We were running out of eggs and flour so she sent me here to buy some." Harry explained with a tired smile on his face.

"Oh, say hello to Anne from me. I'll get you some eggs then." Hilary smiled, turning around on her heels, going to get some eggs for Harry.

Harry walked around the store, trying to find some flour. Even though he had been there a billion times, he still couldn't remember where certain things were. That's why Hilary was a great help.

"Here are your eggs," Hilary said handing them over, "flour? Can't you find it?" She asked friendly.

Harry shook his head, smiling. Hilary walked away again, coming back within seconds, carrying a pack of flour in her hands.

"Thank you, Hilary." Harry smiled, nodding.

He went to find a bottle of Novelle for himself and walked to the counter to pay. He waved goodbye at Hilary and left the store. As he stepped back outside to the cold air, he saw Louis and Zayn, still sitting on the same bench, eating the chocolate chip cookies and arguing about them.

"I swear to God, these cookies taste like fucking strawberry." Louis exclaimed, sounding a bit irritated.

Well, they're chocolate flavour, but I guess that's what weed does?

"Bro, it's more like vanilla. Or lemon I don't fucking know..." Zayn protested, confused. "Styles! Want some cookies? Or do nerds even eat cookies!" He teased. Was he stupid?

"No, thanks. And they're chocolate chip cookies, just saying." Harry said quietly, turning away.

"What the fuck? I didn't want chocolate cookies! Fucking idiot I told you to buy strawberry ones!" Harry could hear Louis yelling at Zayn, clearly offended.

Idiots.

ik this was a short chapter , sorry x the next One will be better and longer, promiseeeeee !

Let me know what you think about this book so far (1chapter and a prologue won't tell that much lmao). IM SOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS AYEEE !! x

And, if u haven't read my previous book 'The light' I think u should check that out ,, k bye x