Chapter Four

(Levi's POV)

"Oi brat, will you hurry up." We have been walking for almost an hour now and we haven't made it back to the house I have been staying in. I was able to convince him that it would be better if we went back and spent the night there.

"I'm walking as fast as I can. These bags are really heavy."

"Why did you have to take two bags then?"

"Well I got one for you; as a thank you gift for saving me before." What? One of those bags was for me? I started to feel a little grateful, but it went away quickly.

"Then why don't you let me carry that bag so we can get back sooner." I slowed down a little bit so I could be next to Eren and took one of the bags he was carrying. "Thanks brat."

"You're welcome shorty." Just when I started liking this boy.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" I looked him dead in the eyes with an intimidating glare.

"Well I decided that if you are going to keep calling me brat I am going to call you shorty."

"Brat, I call you that because you are one."

"And I will call you shorty because you are short and you refuse to call me by my name." That earned him a playful punch from me, it was harder than a normal playful punch though because he was really getting on my nerves, but it was impossible for me to really hit him. I needed to be on his good side; or at least not his bad side, to get him to agree to let me go with him after all. No way was I going to spend one more day in that house if I didn't have to, and if I just left I wouldn't really have anywhere to go so I would just be aimlessly walking around by myself.

We made it back to house soon after that encounter, thankfully there were no zombies that interrupted our walk. I made sure that all of the doors had been closed while we were gone so no zombies could have made it inside. Once all of the doors were closed and locked I finally put down my gun and machete.

"Hey Eren, what did you put in this bag anyways?" I said while I was walking into the living room where Eren had been sitting on the couch while I was checking the doors. When I turned the corner I saw Eren pathetically trying to eat something out of a can. "fucking disgusting." I mumbled as I turned around to go to the kitchen to grab a spoon for him. When I returned to the living room I threw the spoon at him and almost hit him in the face. I took a seat in my chair.

"Oh, thanks for the spoon."

"You're welcome. So what did you put in those bags Eren?" His face lit up for no reason when I said that. What could have gotten him so excited?

"Levi! You finally called me by my name! I'm so proud of you!"

"And it won't happen again if you keep up that act, so just tell me what you put in the bags." Why am I putting up with this? Because being in solitude for too long can drive you insane, but I think spending too long with this kid will drive me insane as well. He laughed before he responded to me.

"Okay, sorry. I just put some regular supplies in it. Mainly food and water, along with some bandages and pills."

"How about peroxide? or any other kind of disinfectants?"

"Well, no. I didn't really think about that." I shook my head and got up so I could go to the bathroom that was on the second floor. That room had all of the medicine in it, along with a few other various items that were in there when I found this place. This house has two bedrooms and a room that looks like its own library. One bedroom had a king sized bed, the walls were a off green color that I hated and everything in the room had to match it. The other was painted pink and had a twin sized bed in it. Eren can choose between the couch and that bedroom because I sleep in the king sized bed. It's disturbing when I think about the family that used to live here, I threw out all of their pictures when I decided to stay here. I shouldn't think of that now though; I will be leaving this house with Eren tomorrow. I don't even know if he would be okay with the idea of me going with him, but I plan on going anyway. I turned into the bathroom and opened a cupboard, it didn't take me long to find what I was looking for and I turned around.