Chapter Nineteen

(Eren's POV)

Slowly, I started to doze off, and when I woke up Levi was gone. Immediately I got up and threw on my clothes. I was a little off balance from our activities from before and I still wasn't fully awake so I ran into the doorway.

"Oh Eren, how are you feeling?" Hanji was in the hallway; she has the weirdest smile on her face. It was forced and didn't even seem real; she should really work on her acting.

"Where's Levi?" Hanji started scratching the back of her head.

"Well umm... He's umm..."

"Hanji just tell me where he is!"

"First off, can I start with you owe me."

"Why do I owe you?"

"Levi was going to leave but I convinced him to stay. I tested him for the virus and he is infected, so he was going to leave so then you wouldn't have to see him become a zombie, but I convinced him to stay so I could test out the cure I am starting to make on him." Hanji rushed to finish explaining everything before I could get mad. At least he's still here, and Hanji is close to making the cure.

"Could I talk to him? Or is that not an option anymore?"

"Well technically you can still talk to him, but I don't know if you would want to. He's really sick but still mentally there."

"Where is he?" I don't care if Hanji thinks it would be a bad idea to talk to him; I need to talk to him.

"Okay, follow me." She started to reluctantly lead me down the hall to the room she had kept Mike in. When I entered the room instead of seeing Mike on the other side of the glass, it was Levi. He was sitting in the middle of the room and had a trashcan right next to him. I'm guess the trashcan was there in case he vomited; which made me feel sick. It felt like I just got kicked in the chest. Levi really is going to become a zombie. Why couldn't he have been immune like me?

"Hey Levi."

"Hanji I told you I didn't want you to let Eren into this room." He barely even acknowledged me. Which hurt more than anything.

"Levi you should have known that I was going to let him. I mean you two love each other! You should spend as much time together as you can."

"Why didn't you want me in this room?" I asked, barely able to get the words out.

"Because I don't want you to see me lose every last ounce of sanity that I have. Isn't that obvious?" Levi glared at me, but wasn't able to keep eye contact for long. He vomited in the bucket next to him. After that he turned and looked to a wall next to him; trying to not look at either of us. I left the room; I had to leave the room. My mind was racing and I needed to talk to Hanji, alone. Thankfully she followed me out of the room, so I wouldn't have had to wait for her.

"Hanij how close are you to getting the cure? Is there anything else you need?"

"I need a few more days and some more of your blood to make the cure, but I do know how to slow the process down. I have already started giving Levi the shots to slow it down. When I do make the cure though; it won't be able to help those who have been infected for a few weeks."

"Take as much blood as you need, and I will help you in any way that I can."

"Well I will take your blood now; after that the most helpful thing that you can do for me is to let me do my work."

So that is what we did, Hanji took my blood and I left her alone. I didn't have anything to do though. All I wanted to do was talk to Levi, but I don't know if I would be okay seeing him so sick. After a while of laying around not doing anything I gave up and went to go see Levi. When I entered the room he was still sitting in the same spot he was in before. I didn't say anything when I entered the room and it seemed as though Levi didn't even notice I was there. As I started to open up the door to go into the same room as him he finally noticed me.

"Eren what are you doing?" I didn't respond; mainly because I didn't even know what I was doing. I just needed to be around him. "Eren are you okay?" I was almost right next to him when he asked me that, and no I wasn't okay. I might lose him; that isn't okay. I hugged him, and it didn't take long for him to hug me back.

"I will not be okay until I know that you will be okay."