chapter 1: sophomores

Austin's POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groaned into my pillow as my alarm went off.

I spent all summer waking up at noon.

I stretched and rubbed my eyes.

maybe this year won't be all that bad...

ha. who was I kidding.

I got out of bed and started getting ready for school.

Ally's POV

I sighed as I looked at the view my balcony allowed.

before this year even started I wanted it to be over.

I was only starting my second year of high school. I was only a sophomore.

I took one last look at the view before heading back inside to get ready.

I quickly got dressed, slipping on a pair of skinny jeans, and pulling on a random shirt from my closet. I then threw a black hoodie on, and trotted down the stairs while brushing my hair.

once I got to the kitchen, I started to make breakfast for my dad and I.

when I finished, I heard my dad's footsteps coming down the stairs.

"good morning honey!" he said as I put his plate on the table.

"morning dad." I said plainly.

we ate together in silence, and when I was done I went back up to my room to brush my teeth and grab all my things.

when I was putting on my white converse, my dad approached me and gave me a hug.

he whispered in my ear, "have a good day at school." I nodded my head, and walked out the door.

I walked on the all too familiar sidewalk, all the way to Marino High.

but as I walked, I couldn't help but hear footsteps trailing behind me.

I turned around to see a guy who was much taller than me. he had a nice shade of brown eyes, and blonde hair.

"hi," he said to me with a smile.

"uh- hi..." I said back. "why are you following me?" I asked him.

"I'm not. I'm just walking to school and you happen to be walking in the same direction as me." he said and continued walking.

I shrugged, and before I knew it, he was talking again.

"I'm Austin." he said, and I nodded my head, not exactly wanting to talk right now.

"and what's yours?" he asked.

I looked up at him, just to see his brown eyes looking back at me.

"Ally." I said, and by then we were already at school.

I headed to my locker, not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

as I opened my locker, the first thing I saw was the picture.

emotions stirred up inside me, thoughts, memories running in my head.

I slammed my locker shut. then I bumped my forehead against the locker.

I closed my eyes, and I could feel my hair fall to the sides of my face.

then I felt something tap on my shoulder.