chapter 18: doesn't seem so bad

Ally's POV

I didn't know what to think. austin & I almost kissed.

did I want it happen?

too much was going on and I didn't know what to do.

we were walking awkwardly side by side, while trish and dez were walking in front of us, hand in hand.

they got in line for funnel cake, and we slowly trailed behind.

"do you want anything, ally?" his words startled me. I stammered, still in shock.

"a-a caramel apple." I said, and he nodded his head. once he paid for one, he handed it over to me.

"thank you." was all I said before we walked over to the table trish and dez were sitting at.

they were laughing and giggling, as they shared a funnel cake.

it was such a cute sight.

but then I remembered austin was still there, awkwardly fiddling with his fingers.

"austin." I said, and his eyes shot up to meet mine.

"we'll talk about it later." I said, and he nodded his head.

"talk about what later?" dez asked, and I looked over at austin for help.

"it's nothing, dez." he said, and he shrugged before going back to his conversation with trish, and enjoying his funnel cake.

we were finally back in the car, on our way home. it was about 9.

trish dropped me & austin off at my house, and we waved and she drove off to drop off dez.

"ally- I'm sorry- I probably-" he started.

"shh. it's okay austin." I said, looking up at him.

our eyes locked, and seconds later, his hand was cupping my cheek, and his face was close to mine.

I could feel austin's hot breath on my face as our noses touched.

my heart was probably beating way faster than it should, but I didn't care.

his lips were finally on mine, and it felt right.

it felt as if everything just made sense, as if everything is just as it should be at this moment.

this kiss isn't just lips on lips, it's so much more than that.

his gentle touch made me want more, and the few seconds it lasted was enough to leave me with a tingly feeling through my entire body.

he looked at me, and I looked at him, trying to figure out what this means.

so much tension in the air, and so many things to be said.

but all we could do was stare.

do I like him?

does he like me?

what does this make us?

how can this one kiss change everything?

what is he thinking?

can we ever be a thing?

will this ever happen again?