chapter 3: a thing

Ally's POV

I woke up with a massive headache.

I groaned, not wanting to get up.

the last thing I remembered was drinking. a lot.

how the hell did I end up in my bed under the covers? someone must've helped me or something.

I sighed an looked at the time.

8:45

"ughh" I said, knowing that I'm going to be late.

I shoved some pills down my throat to get rid of my headache and I quickly got ready for school.

I took a granola bar from the pantry and sprinted as fast as I could to school.

-----------------

I bursted through the door of my first period class.

everyone looked at me with strange looks on their faces.

I swallowed and took my seat.

"miss dawson? would you like to explain to me why you're 10 minutes late?" the teacher asked, with a stern look on his face.

I got drunk then overslept.

I ran my fingers through my hair, not knowing what to say.

"I- uh- I overslept." I said nervously. it was true, but it's something that I rarely do.

his nostrils flared. I already knew that he was a pretty strict teacher.

"I will let you get away with a warning because it's only the second day. don't let it happen again."

I nodded my head, and he continued to teach.

Austin's POV

on my way to school, I didn't see ally.

she either left early, or she's gonna be late.

I highly doubt it's the first one.

when I passed her street, I felt bad for her, knowing that if she doesn't leave soon, she'll be late.

the walk to school was pretty lonely.

------------------

when the bell finally rang for class, I still didn't see her anywhere.

"good luck." I muttered and went to class.

-------------------

when lunch time came around I decided that I really needed to talk to ally.

I looked around for her, while dez was babbling about something in my ear.

"austin!" dez said, hitting my arm.

"what!" I said back.

"do you have a thing for ally or something?" he said, and I sighed.

"no, it's just last night I found her drunk and I helped her to her room. and I'm pretty sure she was late to first period today." I said, explaining everything.

"I still think you have a thing for her." he walked off to get lunch, and I approached ally.

she was scribbling in what I'm guessing was her diary or journal or something.

"ally." I said, taking a seat next to her. she glanced up at me.

"what?" she asked, and I sighed.