chapter 7: alcohol poisioning

Austin's POV

I waited around nervously to see how ally's doing.

"lester dawson...may I speak to you for a minute please?" a doctor said.

ally's dad then got up, and followed the doctor.

if it's news about ally...then I was coming too.

"okay...so-" he stopped talking when he saw me.

"who are you?" he asked me.

"ally's...friend." he eyed me.

"I'm trying to talk to people who are closest to ally right now. now can you please leave." he said impatiently.

"wait! I'm ally's boy...friend." I said nervously.

geez austin why are you so worried and desperate...

the doctor eyed me carefully. he looked at ally's dad and he shrugged.

he sighed. "ally had alcohol poisoning. when you guys found her, our predictions were that she was in a coma. we got some IV fluids into her, so she should wake up soon, and she should be fine. however, she must rest, drink a lot of water, and stay away from alcohol." he looked at us both, and we both nodded.

"she can leave when she wakes up." with that he walked out, leaving us alone.

"ally's...boyfriend. you told me you were just friends." he said in a ticked off voice.

"actually...um...I don't think she even thinks of us as friends..." I said, looking down, shoving my hands in my pockets.

his eyes widened. "then why did you bother coming up to her balcony?" he said, even more mad.

"I- I- we go to school together." I said quickly.

"leave." he said, and I walked out of there as fast as I could.

Ally's POV

it was dark. I could feel, but I couldn't move. I could hear, but I couldn't see.

what's going on?

I heard voices in what seemed like another room.

"then why did you bother coming up to her balcony?" I heard a familiar vice say.

dad...

"I- I- we go to school together."

wait...was that austin's voice?

what is he doing here and what's going on?

and just like that, my eyes fluttered open.

I grabbed onto the blanket covering me.

I looked up at the ceiling. it was white.

where am I...

I sat up and looked around. everything was white.

I looked beside me, and saw that I was hooked up to some sort of machine.

the last thing I remember is walking off mad at austin.

I groaned at my terrible headache.

my dad then walked in.

"ally!" he said, and ran over to me.

he held my hand and smiled.