chapter 4: one long night

Ally's POV

I collapsed on my bed after having that conversation with austin.

why does it bother me so much that he was worried about me? maybe because he only met me yesterday...

or maybe because I'm scared that I'll open up to him and he'll hurt me.

ALLY STOP IT.

I sighed. I needed to go out for a walk.

I walked out the front door, and started kicking rocks around.

I didn't know where I was going. I followed wherever I kicked the small rocks.

sooner or later, I found myself at one of those lame neighborhood parks.

I sighed as I climbed up to sit on the bar that held all the monkey bars together.

I looked around. my dad had us move into this neighborhood after my mom was killed.

a tear slid down my cheek.

I remember what I used to be like before the incident.

I was always so happy. so positive and bright. I had good grades (not anymore), I loved school (school's hell for me now), and I've became almost the exact opposite person.

more tears came from my eyes.

this walk really isn't helping...

"HEY ALLY!" someone shouted, and it shocked me so much I fell to the ground.

I landed on my stomach, but my chin felt like it hurt the most at the moment.

I groaned in pain, but I got up.

"ally! I'm so so sorry!" austin said, while jumping off his skateboard and checking to see if I'm okay.

I looked at him with cold eyes.

"are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" I snapped, and stormed off. as I walked away, I rubbed my chin.

I sighed.

I should really get home.

-----------------

once I got home, I decided that it was a good time for ice cream.

I got a spoon and took out the tub of strawberry ice cream.

I went up to my room and grabbed my glasses, then opened the balcony doors. I took a seat and breathed in fresh air.

it was nice to just relax.

"ally- honey?" I heard my dad's voice from my room.

he came out to the balcony and smiled at me.

"I was just checking up on you." he said.

"I'm okay dad." I said.

we both looked at the crappy view of my balcony.

I looked over at austin's balcony, remembering our conversation and how I fell.

"hey- dad- could you- uh- put this back in the freezer?" I asked him.

"of course honey!" he took the tub of ice cream from my hands and he kissed the top of my head.

the cool miami breeze made me want to stay out longer.

my eyelids then started to feel heavy.

and soon enough I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Austin's POV