chapter 17: the carnival

Austin's POV

I got a text from ally saying that I can go to a carnival with her & trish.

I texted her saying I'll go, and that I'll bring dez.

trish's gonna pick us up at 5, which means dez should get here at around 4:50

hey you should come to the carnival with me, ally, and trish

I send him.

dez

alright buddy. what time should I be ready?

I replied in seconds.

trish is gonna pick us all up at about 5, so meet me at my house at around 4:50 and we'll walk to ally's house from there

dez

got it

--------------

it was around 4:30 and I decided to start getting ready.

I put on a pair of jeans, a plain white shirt, and a jacket to go along with it.

I then styled my hair, and it was about 4:50 when I finished.

dez should be here soon, and that's when I heard the doorbell ring and a knock at the door.

I trotted down the stairs to open the door, and I saw dez standing.

"hey bud." he said, and I quickly grabbed my phone and some cash before walking out the door.

"so...do you like trish." I smirked as we walked over to ally's house.

"I don't know her very well...but she's cute." he says, and I nod.

"how are things with you and ally?" he asks.

"couldn't be better." I replied.

"it could be a lot better." he muttered, and I knew what he meant by that.

we were now walking up to ally's porch.

I knock on the door, and she opens soon after.

"hey austin, hi dez." she said, and she let us in.

she looks stunning...

"come on, trish's here." ally said, interrupting my thoughts.

we all walked outside, and we took a seat in her car.

ally said she only has her permit, but her parents still let her drive on her own.

ally and I sat in the back, while dez took shotgun.

"ally, you look great!" trish said.

I agree...

"thanks." was all ally said, and the radio played.

--------------

once we were at the carnival, we decided to ride all the rides first, then relax and eat.

"LET'S GO ON ALL THE ROLLERCOASTERS!" dez said, and trish laughed.

"yea! c'mon guys!" I looked at ally, and she seemed to freeze before following them.

I trailed behind, and we all waited in line.

once we got on, I saw ally shaking.

"you alright?" I asked, and she nodded.

"you sure?" I asked, and a few moments later she shook her head slowly.

"it's okay, it's okay." I said, knowing it was too late for her to get off. I then took her hand.

what was she so afraid of?

our seats started moving forward, and I could feel her grip on my hand tighten.

all at once, we started moving even faster, and I could feel the air hitting my face.

I smiled, and laughed. I loved this feeling.

I glanced over at ally, who was leaning back, absolutely terrified.

I gave her hand a squeeze, and enjoyed the feeling as we moved fast through the air.

we could hear trish and dez's screams ahead of us, and I laughed as we went round and round the track.

I glanced over at ally, who was still gripping my hand so hard that her knuckles turned white, but she didn't seem as terrified.

as we came to a stop, I was still grinning. that definitely pumped me up.

"are you okay, ally?" I asked, and she turned to look at me, and she nodded her head.

"thank you." she said.

"no problem." I said, and we got off the ride.

"which one next!!" trish asked, and dez pointed to one.

I looked at ally, and put my hand out for her.

she took it, and we went off to the next ride.

--------------

once we rode all the rollercoasters, I suggested we go on the ferris wheel to relax a bit before we eat.

everyone agreed. while walking over there, dez quietly talked to me.

"I think I'm gonna ask trish out." he said, making sure the girls couldn't hear.

I smiled, and patted his back. "congratulations, buddy."

he looked down at his shoes and smiled.

soon enough, we were all getting in our seats.

only 2 people could fit in one capsule (the seats on a ferris wheel...in case you didn't know what I meant).

ally and I sat together, and we both looked at the carnival below.

"tonight's been fun." she said, while looking at all the colorful lights and smiling people below.

"yea." I said, taking her hand again.

I brought my face close to her ear, and whispered, "dez is gonna ask trish out."

she nodded her head, and turned to face me.

"that's so cute. I'm happy for them." she said, and I smiled and nodded my head. we stared into each other's eyes, an intense stare that neither of us didn't want to break first.

it was as if we were trying to read one another. trying to read 1000 pages in moments.

our faces, only inches apart, a million thought running through my head, but my only focus was her.

ally. the girl right in front of me. I've only known her for days and look at where we are now.

so many things we could say, but nothing came out of our mouths.

my heart is beating so much faster now.

I started bringing my face closer to hers, I could feel her hot breath on me.

our noses touched, and as my lips were going to touch hers, the ride came to a stop.

it startled the both of us, and we both moved away quickly.

I was squished against the side of the capsule, as far away as possible. she seemed to be in the same position.

we were then let off the ride, and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened moments before.

A/N

AHHHHHHHHHHH