Chapter Two

“Hey, it’s blueberry” was the first thing that came out of his mouth. I glared at Darren who tries his best to look innocent.

                Casey face turns pale and shock. “Kale” she sputtered out. Seeing Casey face was hilarious but seeing Kale’s face wasn’t. I was not happy at all. Casey held onto Darren’s hand.

                “Kale is Macy’s date?” Casey asks, staring at him. When Darren nodded, happily, Casey’s mouth clamp into a tight line. She didn’t say anything. Darren noticed her mood.

                “Something wrong?” Darren asks his hand caress along her arm.

                Casey nods. “Yeah, I’m not feeling well, I was wondering if we could cancel this date”.

                Kale feigns hurt. “Casey, I thought you would have been over that by now”.

                I let out a sigh. I thought the same thing. “Kale, don’t be such an asshole” I said to him. Kale looks at me, ready to say something, most likely it’s going to be an insult but stop himself.

                “Whatever you say, blueberry” he said instead. “Mind if I come in?”

                Casey touches her forehead. “I’ll be back”. And she hurries from the room, heading to the kitchen. Darren watches her go, his body ready to chase after her.

                “Come on in” I said to Kale before turning to Darren. “You really fuck up this time, Darren”. Darren eyes widened but I didn’t stay behind to hear what he has to say. I headed to kitchen, after Casey. When I got in, Casey stood by the sink. She had cup in her hand. It was water.

                “He’s here” she said, as if she knew it was me. “I can’t believe it. I always thought I never see him. I really hoped I never see him again. At all, not even to add him as a friend on facebook. I just wanted him gone, disappear from my life, along with the mistake I made with him”.

                I walk around the counter, going for the cabinet in the counter. Robin told us to stay away from that cabinet. She said Frank’s “drink” are in there. The moment Robin said it belong to Frank, I look in there. I remember adding some pills to his drinks for the fun of watching him act like a chick. I grab the bottle that said SCOTCH. I don’t know how strong it is but I just took it and open it. I grab a glass and add a little orange juice in it before adding a little into it. Only a little, enough to make her little more relax less tense.

                “Here, drink this” I said, handing her the juice. She looks at it.

                “Orange juice? What’s that going to do?” she asks, leaning forward to drink more of water.

                “You should just drink it” I said, still holding it out to her.

                She sighs but takes it. She takes a sip before she gulps it all down. She sets down the orange juice. She glares at the door that leads to the room where Kale’s at.

                “Okay, let him in” she ordered, her face going smooth, showing no expressions. I guess that did it. I left through the door that Casey is still glaring at, oddly enough.

                 I saw Kale sitting on the couch, with Darren sitting there. They were chatting about something, it must be important because when I burst through the door, they stop talking.