Chapter Thirteen

The woman, whom I’m guessing is the mother, waited. She stared at him, her eyes unwavering as she gave him a secret message.

                “Why the hell do you have a girl here, alone? And why aren’t you in school?”

                Okay, maybe it isn’t a secret message. I watch as Kale sighs before standing up.

                “Because I’m ditching school and this is Macy” Kale pointed to me. Her green eyes landed on me and she all but glared at me. I decided against saying hi to her or waving to her for that matter.

                She looks back at Kale. “Why is she here?”

                “Because I brought her here” he answers, running a hand through his hair. He looks frustrate. I wonder why? Maybe he doesn’t have a good relationship with her.

                “I know you brought her here, I’m asking why?” She said, her stance look threatening. My stance was less threatening; I mean I’m sitting down. If she attacks and it ends up on YouTube, I have one thing to say; she’s on steroids.

                “Because I wanted her here” he said, sighing loudly and heavily.

                “Why would you want her here? Did you even ask your father about this?” She demanded, a smirk playing on her lips as if she caught him red-handed.

                “No” Kale answer. “I ask my mother, though. I’m sure that counts. Why are you here?”

                The woman aims her glared at him now. “You ask your mother? Why would you do that?”

                “This house belong my mother, Stacy. I’m asking again; why are you here? How did you even know about this place?”

                “Oh?” she said, no longer glaring but grinning. “You didn’t know, this where your father and I met. Why go to a hotel when this so much better?”

                I look at Kale, realizing that this woman isn’t his mother but possibly his step-mother. So his dad had an affair. I wonder where his mother.

                “Stop lying, my father doesn’t have the keys to this place since my mother change the locks” Kale glared angrily at Stacy. “I think you should leave, you may be screwing my father but you will always be the other woman. In case you don’t know, he’s not going to leave my mother for you, a common whore”.

                Stacy eyes flashed as she had a murderous look to them. “A common whore you fucked. Don’t forget that, Kale. It’s too bad, too. Your girlfriend had walked in on us.”

                My eye nearly fell out my skull. He cheated on his girlfriend with an older woman. I frowned, staring at the woman. Why? I look at Kale, pointing at her.

                “Why would you sleep with her?” I glance at her with disgust. “She’s so old; did you find any hanging skin?”

                Stacy threw the roses on the floor. “Bitch!” she spat out.

                Kale didn’t say anything; he just stared at me, remembering that I’m here. I waited for an answer but he didn’t say anything. Stacy stood there, fuming.

                “I can’t believe you just called me old; I’m fucking twenty-two!” Stacy added, practically flaring. She taps her foot, her arms cross. Stacy looks at Kale. “You know, I can forget all this, I heard you broke up with your girlfriend. What do you say to a little affair? It could be fun. I know I had fun last time.”

                She smiled slyly, her eyes running him down. Kale actually was considering it. He’s really going for her. I stared at Stacy; she must be one of those classy sluts. The ones that date only men with money, chances are she might have more men than just Kale’s father.

                I got off my stool. Alright, I’ll admit I didn’t see this coming but now I have make plan around her. I look at Kale and shuddered. I can’t believe her kissed her, even went as far as to have sex with her. That’s asking too much. When I told myself I was going to be his girlfriend, I didn’t think he would have this much baggage. God, if I ever make it as his girlfriend, I’m going to have my hands full.

                Completely.

                I let my hands wrap around Kale’s shoulders and lean my head against. “I’m sorry, but we’re on a date. Shouldn’t you be out looking for a retirement home?”

                Stacy look offended beyond anything! She looks outraged! “You know what? He wasn’t even that good in bed! You can keep him!” She shrugs him off. “I’ve had better”.

                I smiled, it was slow and sensual. “Sure but from what we’ve been doing, it was pretty...breathtaking.”

                “I known men that had-“

                “I think you should leave” Kale said, firmly. Stacy looks at him.

                “What?”

                “Leave, you are not welcome here” he said. I look at Kale, looks like he’s finally come back to his senses. Thank God, I don’t know how long I can last with her ready to jump me.

                Her face turns redder than ever, she must be tick off. She turns around, stomping off. We heard the door, slamming.

                “This house sucks!” she screamed from outside.

                “Well, that wasn’t plan” I commented, dryly. I’ve had enough of drama. “Can you take me to school?” I look at the time. “Its lunch, Casey probably looking for me.”

                I waited for a while before remembering my fight with Robin. Well, now that my head is clear and Frank isn’t around me, I feel stupid. That fight was all me, I think I need to put Get-Rid-of-Frank plan at the top of the last. Maybe get Casey into helping; he’s starting to cross a boundary. Also, my dreams seem to get more common. The quicker he’s gone, the fewer dreams I will have.

                “Why?” Kale asks.

                “Because I already missed school once, I’m not about to do it again” I replied, rolling my eyes. I moved away from him. “Plus, I think we should stay away from each other, also. I mean after what she told me, I’m feeling a little weird and uncomfortable”.

                Kale stares at me. “You have to be kidding me!” He took a step forward. “You are unbelievable, did you know that?”

                “Um, Yeah, I know that but I’m just saying what I’m feeling” I said, softly. Kale scoffs.

                “Are you serious?” Kale asks, again.

                I stay silent for a moment. “I’m still feeling the same.”

                “Fine” Kale sighs. “I’ll take you back to the school.”

                “Thank you” I added, quietly. I follow out of the house, walking at least a feet behind him. I think I’m doing the right thing, I never thought the woman he did it with was actually an older woman. I thought it some girl that was in the mood. Well, now that I met woman, I don’t I expected this.

                Casey didn’t expect this. No one.

                And I have to say it’s annoying. I look at the back of his head. My eyes slowly closed and I stop walking. Really annoying.