Chapter Seven

I left Casey.

            I couldn't stand watching her cry. Sure, she's pretty when smiling but how can I say this? 

            She's an ugly crier.

            I watch as she sniffed and sob. I know I'm being mean but it's my nature. I can't stop myself more than the sun can't stop shining. This will happen soon. I don't know when but it's going to happen. Just you wait. One day, it'll be dark. 

            I sat on the edge of the bed, my head pounding. I have a headache. Thank you, Casey. I love it. The pain is so addictive. I got off the bed, going downstairs. Robin sat in the living room, watching America's got Talent! They should Casey on that show. The way she cries is what I call talent.

            Robin looks at me over her shoulder. "Hey".

            I look back at her.

            "How's Casey doing? I heard her crying" she said, her twisted between guilt and annoyance.

            "Not so good, she's still crying". As if on cue, we heard Casey's sob echo. Robin covers her ears.

            "I hate this" she whispered. "I wasn't meant to raise you guys. I just got out of college. I can't handle teenager girls. Why did Mom and Dad have to go?"

            I shrugged. "Who knows?"

            "I really wish you would tell me what's wrong".

            I didn't say anything. What's wrong? "Nothing's wrong".

            I left the room before she could answer, heading to the kitchen. I grab a drink of water before sneaking back upstairs. I really hate it when Robin starts acting like a parent. She's not very good at it. She's too direct, it's tiring and she gives up too easily. Like minute ago, she didn't bother probing the conversation. She let me walk out of the room. This is just proof that Robin needs to be stricter.

            I seriously doubt that will happen. She's too much of a pushover. That's why she can't get rid of Frank.

            She thinks she likes him because Frank tells her she does. It's only a matter of time before my insults of Frank reach her. I just hope its tomorrow.

            I look down the hall, staring at Casey's room. I guess I better check on her, she might become an emo. The thought of Casey as an emo almost had me laughing. She's already too emotional. She might drown them in her tears.

            I crack the door open. "Casey?"

            It was dark. Really dark, like no lights dark. So, I turn on the lights. The room was empty. Casey isn’t here, in her usual spot, which is the corner. I remember saying she’s a bad girl and needed to be put in the corner. That’s seriously mess up, who in their right mind would punish themself? Who? I heard Robin coming up the stairs that I shut the door and lean against it. I smile at Robin.

            "How is she?" she asks, tiredly. 

            "Oh, she's doing great" I said. I walk forward. "Yeah, she's great but um, she wants ice cream so I was wondering if I could borrow the car and take her to get some".

            Robin- for a second- looked wide awake. Her eyes open and her mouth slowly open. It wasn't until I heard a groan that came from her throat that I realized she's yawning. Thank you, God.

            "Yeah" she yawns out. "Just don't leave town, Macy. I really am not in the mood to go knocking on the neighbor’s door, asking for their car again".

            I saluted her. "No problem".

            She gave me one final look before walking to her room. I open Casey's door. "Okay, are you ready to go?" I ask aloud, to no one.

            The door to Robin's room shut and I let out a sigh. Well, let's go now. Just in case, I walk into Casey's room.

            "Casey, are you in here? If you are, squawk for me?" No squawking, she's not here. I scoop around, looking for a note of some sort. None. Now, option two, I pick up the phone and press redial.

            "Casey?" I heard the blurry voice say.

            Oh, Casey, you really need to learn how to cover your tracks. Oh well, nothing a lesson with me won't solve.

            "Hey, Darren" I said, cheerfully.

            "Macy" Darren said, sounding disappointed.

            "No need to be so glum, just be glad, I'm still talking to you!"

            "You insult me on a daily basis that counts as talking" he said, unhappily.

            "Jeez, what happen to you? You're depressing"

            "Casey is what happen, okay?"

            "Maybe you shouldn't have told her then you wouldn't be so depressed".

            "I had to tell her" he said, angrily. "She had to know!"

            "Darren, I really don't care about your relationship with Casey. It'll end one way or another. I just need you to do one thing; be ready".

            I hung up the phone and quickly walk out of the room. I grab the keys and look once more upstairs. No sign of Robin, she must be asleep. Oh this must be my lucky day!

            “Where are you doing?”

            I turn around to see Casey standing there, holding a bag of chips and a liter of soda.

            “What are you doing here?” I demanded. She looks surprised. “You weren’t in your room, why not? And why are you not at Darren’s house?”

            By now, I was stomping my feet in annoyance. I pointed a finger at her. “You aren’t supposed to be here!”

            “Why not?”

            “Why not?” I repeated. I was lost for words until I said without thinking, “Because you got your heart broken”.

            Casey look interested now. She waited for me to say more.

            “There are two ways to handle this. One way is what you’re doing, eating junk food and watching sappy love movies. Another way is to go out and drink to your heart’s content and wake up in bed with some guy you don’t know and regret the whole thing that it’ll become your distraction”.

            “I’m not sleeping with some guy I don’t know” she said, almost immediately.

            “Fine” I said, raising my hands in surrender. “How about instead we just go fix this mess?”

            Casey looks at me, her head tilted. “How” she asks, curious but tries not to show it.

            I smirk at her. “It’s a secret, now come along and bring those chips with you, those are my favorites”.

            As I held the door open for Casey to go through, I quickly texted Kale. It’s time for Casey to know who she needs to be with.